Topped!

I like that one!

Sorce

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Evil Gandalf, oops I mean Sorce,

love those fingernails, and oh yes, the topic/plant and wondered, what would happen if you cast the concrete with a big circular hole underneath ?
Would still have the weight, but you would regain the air-pot effect at the base.

I will think of an image, better start singing - Bodhisattva coming down the road, when he comes.
Good Day
Anthony [ laughing all the way and there is even one of the three musketeers - C.F ]

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
How about a corky yatsabusa?

Attachments

• 2015-04-19 15.15.49.jpg
    2015-04-19 15.15.49.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 172

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
What happened? Nobody have any more elms to show?
My Sieju. No leaves yet. Getting layered this year, but we'll get into that in a different thread. It's alright I have enough elms to keep this thing going for a while. Hell I just may go dig more up .2015-05-02 00.14.20.jpg

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Too late!

Hello, sir. My husband - you know him as "grouper," I think - can't respond to your post right now. I was in the other room while he was at his computer here, and I heard him suddenly scream out in agony, so I rush in and found him clutching at his eyes, and then he fell to the ground and started rolling around and vomiting the most foul sort of stuff - you know, like he was possessed or something, and muttering in strange languages and all. Anyway, the neighbors are here now, holding him down so he won't hurt himself, and praying over him while we wait for the - oh, it's here, the ambulance. Gotta go. I'll have him get back to you tomorrow or the next day if he's recovered from whatever evil this was that befell him.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm sorry to hear that such a calamity has befell your dear husband Mrs. Grouper. I hope he pulls through. Most people recover their sight after a few days rest. And maybe extra helpings of their favorite cocktail. In the event he doesn't recover and needs to be sent to the haha hotel I will give you my address so you can send me his trees to take care of. It would be only right seeing that looking at my picture caused this dire affliction.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Haha hotel! Love it.

Mrs. Grouper, I'm sorry for your loss!

Sorce

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Rubber room or funny farm,it's all the same. It's a good thing he only saw a picture. He has hopes of recovery and even may be able to live a full and rewarding life. Or he may just be a former shell of the man he once was.
Seeing my face in person is a whole different thing. There is almost no hope for those unfortunate souls. Vance Wood's wife called the other day. She said that sometimes he still falls over kicking and screaming and foaming at the mouth. Not as bad as it was at first but still happening.
So a word of caution people. Don't look too long.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Rubber room or funny farm,it's all the same. It's a good thing he only saw a picture. He has hopes of recovery and even may be able to live a full and rewarding life. Or he may just be a former shell of the man he once was.
Seeing my face in person is a whole different thing. There is almost no hope for those unfortunate souls. Vance Wood's wife called the other day. She said that sometimes he still falls over kicking and screaming and foaming at the mouth. Not as bad as it was at first but still happening.

You could pull off Uncle Fester, top of page 3. Or Vic Mackie from The Shield with the shades.

A hit man with the shades too.

BTW that last tree is nice looking, does it have a thread?

Sorce

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You should see me in a tux and shades. Talk about gangster! Old school Italian gangster not these terms doing drive by shootings
I'm talking the concrete shoe ,swim with the fishes gangster.
There is an old thread about that tree but I'm starting a new one. It gets dismantled this year. The top gets layered off and turned into a mother plant. The bottom is going to be badass.

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone

I'm back, doing fine. My wife thanks you all for your concern and support.

What you don't understand about the event last night is that I'm a shrink by trade. This means that I not only swim amongst the crazy for a living, but that I'm probably a little crazy myself, and that I admire the crazy immensely, in all its glorious forms. And yours, sir, was THE most glorious form of it I have ever laid eyes upon. Impeccable, irresistible, pure and divine craziness, so overwhelming that I was beseeching God to blind me only because I had finally been blessed with a vision of the ultimate, and need never again have my spirit sullied by images of the merely eccentric, or the slightly deranged. What was mistaken for demonic possession was actually a swoon, a bursting of my heart with gratitude for this gift of my heart's yearning.

The quest is over: I'll be closing my practice now, taking down my shingle, inactivating my license. In retirement, I merely long to kneel before that photo, which I have placed on a shrine here, remaining true to the holy vision for your divine countenance 'til the end of my days.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm back, doing fine. My wife thanks you all for your concern and support.

What you don't understand about the event last night is that I'm a shrink by trade. This means that I not only swim amongst the crazy for a living, but that I'm probably a little crazy myself, and that I admire the crazy immensely, in all its glorious forms. And yours, sir, was THE most glorious form of it I have ever laid eyes upon. Impeccable, irresistible, pure and divine craziness, so overwhelming that I was beseeching God to blind me only because I had finally been blessed with a vision of the ultimate, and need never again have my spirit sullied by images of the merely eccentric, or the slightly deranged. What was mistaken for demonic possession was actually a swoon, a bursting of my heart with gratitude for this gift of my heart's yearning.

The quest is over: I'll be closing my practice now, taking down my shingle, inactivating my license. In retirement, I merely long to kneel before that photo, which I have placed on a shrine here, remaining true to the holy vision for your divine countenance 'til the end of my days.

So glad it wasn't permanent. I make crazy people seem normal. I'm glad I could help you in fulfilling a lifelong dream.
Like Smoke,I consider myself a people person but on a larger scale. More like a crowd pleaser.

Maros

Chumono
Reaction score
I liked your competition, so I made my selfie with Ulmus minor. Fresh material, only from 2013 in garden since collection.
I was thinking about some funny hat, but failed to find anything usable. :)

DSC_9109.JPG

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
An Honor to have you, our first overseas entry!

That's one hell of an Ulmus! By the looks of your other trees, you have a win in the books!

Thanks!

Sorce

Top Bottom