Tree from bag to show pot in six years.

Grant Hamby

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That should happen before the project ever starts. Nice catch.

I'm finally starting to document each tree I have with dates, photos, work that has been done, and work that will be done in the future, as well as a sketch of my "vision" for the future of the tree. It's been a really fun project. I figured I better start now while I only have around 20, it would be a pain to start after accumulating a large collection. I did the same with all of my signed pottery, with photos and potter info, which could come in handy if I ever sell any of them.

BE.REAL

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Smoke, Like everyone else, we cant thank you enough for offering your experience and progression.

I'm probably not a alone in wanting/begging for an update, appreciate all you offer.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Here is the update. repotted into Koyo pot now. I like the shape and size better as well as the glaze and overall feel the tree now has.

The leaves are as of today 3-21-18

DSC_0027.JPG

DSC_00292.JPG

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Notice I have no anthracnose on this plant with record rain in the last 60 days. Fungus is set up the previous year, not a spontaneous condition.

iant

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
Nice work! I love not seeing the fungus! I hear you about the year before set up for the fungus issue. Last year I wasn't that careful with fungus and I had a whole lot of it. This year I'm being very careful but I think it's starting already. I'm also in California with a lot of rains last month. I started spraying this early spring but didn't do much last year or over winter. It's all about prevention.
Love your tree!
Ian

Micci

Yamadori
Reaction score
Great tree! I love the color of the pot and that lush green moss!! Awesome work

Ingvill

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Very informative thread, the tree has become gorgeous, thank you very much for sharing and educating :)

Top Bottom