Tree from bag to show pot in six years.

Drew

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I always like seeing the progression of this little tree Smoke.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Any thoughts as to why the original thread grafts failed?

Scott
Not a clue. One did make it for a few months till it got really hot here then fried off and withered.

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Not a clue. One did make it for a few months till it got really hot here then fried off and withered.

Thanks. I was wondering because I've had variable success. On one tree, five of five survived. On the neighboring tree, I think i only had two survive. Never really knew why.

Scott

ml_work

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Awesome! You make it look so easy....
Thanks

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot damn that looks nice!!
Thanks for sharing your process with great photos!:cool:
Your work with these is really exemplary.
A casual elegance while remaining powerful with grace.....
Sweet!!;)

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5A
Nice tree! Why is the sigh of relief?

Probably because he is relived to see the tree growing, all branches leafing out pretty uniformly, and no weak or dead sections.

Al's tree was layered and on a whole new set of roots. He has 6 year's time invested in it. It went dormant and work up.

Keep in mind that, despite our best care and effort, whole trees or portions of trees don't leaf out as expected. Bonsai are living entities affected by seen and unseen conditions.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Probably because he is relived to see the tree growing, all branches leafing out pretty uniformly, and no weak or dead sections.

Al's tree was layered and on a whole new set of roots. He has 6 year's time invested in it. It went dormant and work up.

Keep in mind that, despite our best care and effort, whole trees or portions of trees don't leaf out as expected. Bonsai are living entities affected by seen and unseen conditions.
....and jammed in the tiny pot! What kind of beer do you like?

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score

Exactly right! Springtime is a nail biting time. You simply never really know how they will wake up (or not) in spring. Happens even to the best of us.

Reaction score

Thanks, makes sense!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5A
....and jammed in the tiny pot! What kind of beer do you like?

My current favorite is Xalapa from One Well Brewing in Kalamazoo. If you've never had it, you are missing out. As a standard, I like Heineken.

Top Bottom