Thoughts on this Pot

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If forest, what type of material would go best with it?
Or what kind of candy?

Robert E Holt

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Nice pot. If it were a little deeper it would look great with few Dawn Redwoods in it:)

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
What does it taste like? It's candy? Right?

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Jelly BEANS of course!

The glaze says swamp to me. Too small for BC. Maybe elms?

Nice.

Sorce

Ceijay

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
With the limited knowledge that I do have, I might suggest a red maple or pine forest. I think these species would match the color of the pot really well. However, since it's a glossy glaze maybe something with a flower would be nice.

...or swedish fish.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'd use it for a candy dish...Shape is too soft (and glaze too gloss) for conifers, MAYBE dawn redwood or Bald cypress sapling forest --although it's really not big enough to handle either for long horticulturally. A matte glaze is better for DR or BC, though.

Txhorticulture

Chumono
Reaction score
Jelly beans will fall through the holes. You're gonna want to wire in some plastic mesh to cover the holes. Agree that metasequoia and Taxodium are both bad ideas. Just because they are so vigorous.

I'd do a tiny forest with cedar elms or seiju elms.

And I like the pot. If you can't find a use for it I'll buy it.

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Tree goes in easy. Tree comes out . . . ?
That is a thought, but no issue. Tree will come right out. I have used pots with bigger inner lips that took a little working loose, adds a few minutes to the job.

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Tree goes in easy. Tree comes out . . . ?
My thought as well Colin.

I will say this- being the proud owner of three of your pots "Mr. Root", I feel this one is a step forward in style from the ones I have. The heavy lip overlapping into the interior of the pots an issue for me. I don't like pots that have those because the tree becomes very difficult to take out. Beyond that- your lines look very tight on this one, I love the decorative feet, it is a Powerful looking pot with a good, useable size and I like it just the way it is with no glaze. Great job! Now... The important question: Is it fired yet? Can you still cut that lip off? :)

Top Bottom