this summer my mugo pine and black pine

rhawes

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Both have needle cast and it has been 70% humidity in my green house so I placed them outside will this help or only worsen it they do not look good also my giant sequioa seedlings needles are all drying up any help would be appreciated all are now outside under a cover.

Why would you grow Mugo in a greenhouse?

JBP, I can understand wintering it in a greenhouse in your area, but both these trees like full sun.

ok well it is sort of an indoor greenhouse LOL hopefully they will do better outside!!!

I have 6500k led lights I keep all my tropicals under.

Ok everybody is outside now including my conifers hope this helps thank you!!!

I have turned a room into a greenhouse I call it I let it get hot and supply 6500k lighting but I am rethinking puting my non tropicals outside for the summer and I always put them outside for winter.

This is only my second year doing bonsai and all my trees wintered well last year but I only let them get cold for 3 months and brought them indoors before it got below freezing because I live in an apartment and have an outdoor balcony and I only lost one tree last winter it was an alberta spruce and I had repotted it late in the summer which I know is a really bad idea any help with my mugo which is a seedling and my black pine witch is a couple yrs old would help!!!! Thank You!!

You dont need and should not keep your trees in a greenhouse during the warmer months.

My Mugos, JBP and all other pines and junipers go outside in March and dont go back into the cold frame until mid December.
My tropicals go outside in late June or early July and stay out until mid to late October depending on the weather.

No light is as good as the sun. Spring through fall is for outdoor growing for pines.

You are telling the truth mine just being outside a few days I can see a real difference!!!! A thousand thankyou's!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom