Stand / Jita Advice

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Now I have ZERO knowledge when it comes to stands or jita. I’m trying to find or attempt to make something?? But I figured so many more talented people here or in the community. I’d like to find 1 of each to use for future shows but also when taking progression pictures. I have a black and dark blue back drop for progression photos but want to use more than just slate for a stand. Any suggestions on what kind of stands are out there or jita’s? Nothing big name like that dude from Mirai or David Knittle but someone / where to look that would be more middle of road. My funds are currently more for tree/ accent material and pots. Just looking to see what some of you have done on here.. like baby’s first display table or something haha

One tip I've read is that even if the table can support the weight of a particular pot, it may still not be appropriate if the embellishing and/or legs of the stand are too delicate in proportion. Powerful, stoic bonsai demand a stand that also radiates a sense of stability and power. On the inverse, material that is more elegant or soft calls for fine details that compliment that energy. Jita are perhaps a bit more complicated in the sense there is less details intrinsic to that form of stand. Something like a burl jita may be more appropriate for something more traditionally "masculine" in styling whereas a softer, more rounded jita is more apt for something like a classically styled Japanese Maple. The potential dimensions and shapes of a jita complicate things further, perhaps it would normally be too large as a stand for the bonsai alone, but if its large enough to accomodate the kusomono, suiseki or other display components then perhaps it is ultimately appropriate.

Another factor to keep in mind is that generally a Jita of similar quality is going to run you far less than most tables, especially when you get into the realm of very ornate and well crafted ones.

Back
Top Bottom