Spring leaves: Post Your Tree's New Duds!

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yeah I am, more Maple, Pine and Spruce territory though.
I've never seen one where I live but a few miles away there are some stands. They seem to like swampy, spring flooded areas.
Also I don't have much access to land, none that have Larches that aren't 50+ ft tall.
Where there are large ones there will be little ones.
Guaranteed.
Get out on those big powerline right of ways. And drive. There's usually an access road going right down them. They go through all kinds of forest. From hardwood to swampy.
I've been all over your area.

Timbo

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
I dunno how to ask this in public...Is that "OK" to do? I know at least one dirt access road.

Rid

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I collected a monster azalea about a month ago, and I just saw some buds popping this morning. Some kind of kurume azalea, its in a 15 gallon can for now. the base is 7" or so.

Attachments

• IMG_1110.JPG
    IMG_1110.JPG
    433.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1113.JPG
    IMG_1113.JPG
    319.6 KB · Views: 34

Rob_phillips

Chumono
Reaction score
Heres my crab apple now almost in flower.
P1000575.JPG

And my palm sized acer forest bursting into leaf. 20170323_140403.jpg

And some acer cuttings which came from a broken branch on one of my two year old development trees in late summer last year after an accident.
i cant believe most survived the winter and are budding now. I had a survival rate of 3 out of five of them:)20170323_140450.jpg

Last edited:

miker

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Here is my makeshift western facing bench, where all of my trees (except my large JM, engelmann spruce, Picea orientalis and dwarf conifer forest) are currently out enjoying the early spring conditions.20170330_152522.jpg

Lots of rain on the way so it does not look like any watering will need to be done for at least a week.

The tree on the far right is a scarlet oak (Quercus coccinea). I may just pot this into at least a 10 gallon so it will thicken up over the next 5 years, all while training branches at its current height of around 3 feet.

Top Bottom