Snow!

Gsquared

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
I know this is old hat to most everyone, but last summer I moved from SoCal to Portland, so my trees are experiencing their first real winter.

All seem to be doing great. Since we were expecting snow the last couple of nights I pulled back the rain cover to get some good snow insulation. Bonsai look so pretty in the snow.
57D0CE79-630F-4D99-B0C0-FFA243D0BBA5.jpeg 26E8991A-3910-4E8E-964E-885BEEC6C65A.jpeg 781D6362-A5D1-43ED-A7C8-DCCCFD32A18A.jpeg

GailC

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4-5
Oregon has real winters?

images

rodeolthr

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
24F north of Seattle this morning. Fortunately it's somewhat better where I currently am in Palm Springs. :)

Timbo

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
I can't complain much, we had a mild winter so far when they claimed is was suppose to be worse than avg.

Gsquared

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
24F north of Seattle this morning. Fortunately it's somewhat better where I currently am in Palm Springs. :)
The Springs is all well and good until May. Then the doors of hell open to let some heat in. Last time I was in PS it was 117ºF, of course it was August, but still!

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
We had no winter at all... in fact December was warmer than many Junes and Julys....

But now that we are almost March we are getting the coldest weather of the year :( Just in time for my spring growth....

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
We had no winter at all... in fact December was warmer than many Junes and Julys....

But now that we are almost March we are getting the coldest weather of the year :( Just in time for my spring growth....
Just to cheer my southern friends up a bit. I should have stayed in so cal longer! Cooler today, Mixing soil and organic fertilizer in the workshop.

Attachments

• IMG_0735.JPG
    IMG_0735.JPG
    241 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0739.JPG
    IMG_0739.JPG
    276 KB · Views: 6

rodeolthr

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
The Springs is all well and good until May. Then the doors of hell open to let some heat in. Last time I was in PS it was 117ºF, of course it was August, but still!
......and that's why we return to the PNW the first week of April. Best of both climates.

Top Bottom