Show me your tigerbarks!

cockroach

Chumono
Reaction score
@sorce After reading numerous posts by you, I am led to believe your insanity is a torture (some say playground) all of your own doing.

I post another one that I need to work on very soon. It is currently rather lanky and needs a good taming.
2016-01-20 18.13.21.jpg DSC_0066.JPG

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Ahh, missed that.

Welcome Andy!
Nice tree and it is always good to have another member from Spain. Not really been down that way yet, maybe one day.

As a side my Ficus are having a rough winter, going to bring them in overnights for the next few days like I damn well should of with the last cold snap.

AndySalz

Seed
Reaction score
Ahh, missed that.

Welcome Andy!
Nice tree and it is always good to have another member from Spain. Not really been down that way yet, maybe one day.

As a side my Ficus are having a rough winter, going to bring them in overnights for the next few days like I damn well should of with the last cold snap.
Thanks Starfox!

Bonsaihead

Mame
Reaction score
Very cool trees!
Here's mine. got some years to but excited to watch my plan develope. Got it this fall. Plan on repotting it late spring in to a grow out box to thicken up some. Been thinking adding one aerial root to the right hand branch on a Sharpe bend that is facing down, going down into the front corner of the pot but after I let it grow some.
( just for the record the zebra print it duck tape!) IMAG0265.jpg

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
20171229_182740.jpg
All aspects of this banyan TB ficus is pretty sweet, top is funkyish but it' coming along nice.FB_IMG_1502992795253.jpg

When I bought this tree this is how is looked neglected wicked root bound and begging for some love which she gets now. Best $70 bucks I have spent not to mention she catches my eye every time I play with her ;) lmao

J. Adrian

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
20180111_093645.jpg 20180111_093819.jpg
Still needs a ot of work but it used to be over 6 ft and after the initial bend at bottom of trunk it shot up like a telephone pole. Also some scarring from previous wiring neglect of mine in a few branches but I'm still enjoying its journey for now.

cockroach

Chumono
Reaction score
Finally got around to taking some better pics of ficus.
I am happy with the trunk thickness on this one and will now start refining a bit.
DSC07625.JPG

This was a semi/cascade that I decided to take on a more literati path.
DSC07628.JPG

This is a root over rock that still has a ways to go.
DSC07637.JPG

This tree was started with the slanted ficus above as cuttings. This one will get a hard prune and defoliation this spring. It also needs a slight angle adjustment.
DSC07648.JPG

StoneCloud

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I am happy with the trunk thickness on this one and will now start refining a bit.
View attachment 174160

View attachment 174161

View attachment 174163

This tree was started with the slanted ficus above as cuttings. This one will get a hard prune and defoliation this spring. It also needs a slight angle adjustment.
View attachment 174164

Love them!!!

Vindeezy

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
View attachment 174160

View attachment 174161

View attachment 174163

View attachment 174164
Very Nice!!!

justBonsai

Omono
Reaction score
Purchased as cheap cutting grown material 4 years ago. Had the typical "2 leg" bulging nebari seen on ikea ficus. I ground layered it a year and a half ago to produce new nebari. The tree has grown immensely fast and has doubled in size since I purchased it.

Will give it it's first major cutback and preliminary styling this spring. The plan is to create a banyan style ficus with it. Nebari will improve other time with further work and structure will set fast given how quickly it grows in my climate. Lots of nice primary branching with movement and taper I can select from when I do my cut back.

DSC01328.JPG

DSC01325.JPG

DSC01326.JPG

DSC01327.JPG

AndySalz

Seed
Reaction score
View attachment 174160

View attachment 174161

View attachment 174163

View attachment 174164

Nice trees !!. I like them , specially the first one.
If you don´t mind , i´ll take some of ideas for my trees.

Top Bottom