Serissa problems

ECMist

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I know plenty about how serissas are finicky, sensitive, and not great for beginners. I originally got one as my first tree, and it died as I failed to notice fungus gnats and that the soil was not optimal before it was too late. Now that I have a little more experience, I purchased another serissa in hopes that it would meet a different fate. It was doing great for the first two months… now not so much. It is dropping dry brown leaves little by little each day. It continues to grow some new growth, but not enough for it to sustain its previous amount of foliage. I continually keep the humidity over 50% (usually no higher than 55%) and water it with a little bit of fertilizer when it needs it. I figured it was the soil again, as it would remain wet over a week after watering it, so I changed the soil to a more well draining mix. It has been two weeks and there has been no change. I tried to search the foliage for pests and have found nothing. It is growing indoors under two lights and a west facing window. Please help!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    304.1 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 16
Would it really be okay to move it? I know they get really unhappy for a while once you move it..
As long as the temperature swing isn't too drastic, it should be ok. Bring it outside tonight.
I keep mine outside starting in the spring once the temps hit the 50's at night. It's under a shade sail that filters out afternoon sun.
If it gets windy, I put it in a shallow tub with holes in the bottom, in the same spot.

Back
Top Bottom