Scott’s 6 year JBP Contest Entry

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I’m in! Ordered my seeds today. Interesting - it was a lot cheaper ordering direct from the company rather than from the same company through Amazon. Pack of ten seeds from these guys was $8.95 on Amazon and $5 when you order direct. Wonder how often that is true....

BD734FD5-89B4-449F-BFE7-5E9746BB3FDC.jpeg

Scott

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
9:30 pm, Jan 2, 2018

2CD91ACE-B546-4245-B271-CFC8C2A93C3F.jpeg CED6EAF6-3F29-49D4-B56A-CC2353D41D04.jpeg

27 floaters
2E72D474-A21C-4404-B7CC-63BAF984A3EF.jpeg

Scott

Reaction score
I also find it very hard to understand why people use month-day-year. To me it just seems illogical. They should be ordered from the smallest to the largest or vice versa. But as long people understand each other, that's all that matters

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I also find it very hard to understand why people use month-day-year. To me it just seems illogical. They should be ordered from the smallest to the largest or vice versa. But as long people understand each other, that's all that matters

It’s just common usage here in the US. It follows speech patterns - when speaking words people say January 2nd, not 2nd January, so it ended up being abbreviated 1/2, not 2/1.

At least here in the US. Where we got it right. But next time I’ll provide translation in iterations of various incorrect date orders so as to be extra inclusive! :p

Last edited:

Dan92119

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a

The day doesn’t matter if you can’t figure out what month you are talking about.

Reaction score
It’s just common usage here in the US. It follows speech patterns - when speaking words people say January 2nd, not 2nd January, so it ended up being abbreviated 1/2, not 2/1.

At least here in the US. Where we got it right. But next time I’ll provide translation in iterations of various incorrect date orders so as to be extra inclusive! :p

Don't bother. Not that important :)

In Portuguese, and I suspect in all languages of latin origin, we say "two of January" (literal translation).

Reaction score
The day doesn’t matter if you can’t figure out what month you are talking about.

Not sure your rationale is veered valid. If can't figure out the day if you only know the month either can you?

We shall all use the Julian day from now on. Forum's rules :p;)

theone420

Shohin
Reaction score
I also find it very hard to understand why people use month-day-year. To me it just seems illogical. They should be ordered from the smallest to the largest or vice versa.....
first I want to apologize to markyscott for adding to this clutter but I couldn't resist..........

They really are measured from smallest to largest if you think about it.
Months = 12 (that's it just 12)
Days = 28-31 (more than double the possible months)
years = 2018 (yeah the largest)

28-2-2018 - See, at first glance that date seems to contradict what you said in your statement. (yeah sure I know your gonna say "but a month is longer than a day" so my reply is "but not in numerical form")

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Don't bother. Not that important :)

In Portuguese, and I suspect in all languages of latin origin, we say "two of January" (literal translation).

My family name is Barboza - my grandfather immigrated from Capo Verde. I speak some Italian and can curse like a sailor in Portuguese!

S

Top Bottom