RIP Jerry Meislik - bonsai hunk and ficus king

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I haven’t seen this posted yet but world renowned bonsai author Jerry Meislik has passed away.
There are some great tribute posts on the ficus forum on FB as well as on his own FB page.
You can still get some of his ficus material at wigerts. There are many YouTube videos and interviews, as well as the bonsaihunk web page.
IMG_1857.jpeg
I am blessed to have found this page when starting my bonsai journey because I lived in an apartment so I was an indoor grower and he gave me hope and inspiration that I could also grow bonsai. RIP to the ficus king.

Book of days post here to see Jerry’s history and contributions:

Last edited:
I couldn't make this post. I had heard and not seen mention of it here yesterday.

We chatted...and I so respected the man. But he also verbally respected my work. That... I couldn't do the post. I'll miss our conversations... he was an amazing man. But yesterday...I was gutted. I had every intention of a post to my Instagram page even. And it's in my drafts folder. Like...if I don't say it. It's not real. So I haven't pushed it through.

I haven’t seen this posted yet but world renowned bonsai author Jerry Meislik has passed away.
There are some great tribute posts on the ficus forum on FB as well as on his own FB page.
You can still get some of his ficus material at wigerts. There are many YouTube videos and interviews, as well as the bonsaihunk web page.
View attachment 569263
I am blessed to have found this page when starting my bonsai journey because I lived in an apartment so I was an indoor grower and he gave me hope and inspiration that I could also grow bonsai. RIP to the ficus king.

Book of days post here to see Jerry’s history and contributions:
There is a Ficus forum??!! What is the adress

I saw this yesterday on FB and was saddened that I had not had the opportunity to meet the man. I have both of his books, which are remarkable, and I am very happy to have a Crater Fig Bonsai from him.

Back
Top Bottom