Remembering Our Friend Vance Wood; "Lord Mugo"...

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Many kind words were written on "The Passing of a Formative Bonsai Artist (Vance Wood)" thread. However, I thought some of us might want to share a more personal story about him so here is the place to do it. Here's mine:

Back in 2015 I was putting together a Box Store material type challenge (I think it was my third?). At some point Vance piped in expressing his opinion about it and as I came to expect, it was a bit spicy. I was fine with it but by that time several others had made the idea of it less and less appealing so I was about to throw the towel in. Then, I received a most unexpected message from Vance. Needless to say, his sentiments motivated me and onward we went. This is the Vance I will remember:

Vance.jpg

This reads as if something has happened to him.
Have ai missed something?

Life is a journey . I will miss Vance as he has taken the next . Leg without us . I only know him from here . But admired his expertise and knowledge . Which he was eager to share . Also respected his intelligence . To understand that bonsai like other things . Is about the journey . And the enjoyment it brings .

Back
Top Bottom