Randy knight

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
they don't do well here in the Southeast. Many have tried. Not worth the risk.
My Pondy is living. I can't say it's thriving. I want it to back bud more. Right now, I'm just trying to get it strong.
So, Adair, why you persist in being so stupid? Why do you think you have a chance where so many others have failed?

I know,
it really doesn't matter
Nevertheless, I'm curious.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
So, Adair, why you persist in being so stupid? Why do you think you have a chance where so many others have failed?

I know,
Nevertheless, I'm curious.
Huh?

I don't have any of the Western junipers at my house. I know they won't do well.

Are you asking about the Pondy? Yes, I have one. It's a Colorado ponderosa. They will live here in the North Georgia mountains. I've finally gotten all the mountain duff out of the roots. I should say "root". It only had one big one.

So, I've been trying to nurture it into filling the pot. I did wire it into shape. Hopefully I'll be able to change the potting angle this year.

However, I will say that my experience with this one has convinced me not to try any more. I sold one, a better one actually, that I had won in a silent auction.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
When I looked at this thread and saw the title was "Randy Knight" and that there was 5 pages of replies, I got scared that people were attacking one of our nations best collectors. Glad that isn't that case! Bought my first tree from Randy at the cup. His material is fantastic.

Lewiscarnes

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
After my initial post Randy emailed me about purchasing a tree. Hopefully I am going to be able to go pick out a tree after the first of the year. Somebody else sent me the info for Golden Arrow. I purchased a awesome little needle juniper. Thank you everybody for the help.

Top Bottom