Questions on surfactants and fertilizer for foliar feeding.

NamesakE

Mame
Reaction score
Does anybody have any recommendations for non-ionic horticultural surfactants (that won't break the bank) and fertilizers for a foliar feed mix? I'm hopefully separating a 2-year-long air layer and want to create my own foliar feed mix. I was planning on using seaweed extract as the fertilizer. I appreciate any help thanks!

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Yucca extract has been mentioned as a surfactant, but I've never used it.
Any soluble fertilizer can be a foliar feed mix, but use it at 1/2 or 1/4th of the recommended dose.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yucca is a good surfactant. I generally use just a few drops of liquid soap. I personally use Dr Bronners but dish washing soap works well also. I use Miracle Gro and Miracid which I alternate with Neptune's fish and seaweed. I use all of there for foliar feed at full strength. I have been doing this for several decades.

NamesakE

Mame
Reaction score
Yucca is a good surfactant. I generally use just a few drops of liquid soap. I personally use Dr Bronners but dish washing soap works well also. I use Miracle Gro and Miracid which I alternate with Neptune's fish and seaweed. I use all of there for foliar feed at full strength. I have been doing this for several decades.

Yucca extract has been mentioned as a surfactant, but I've never used it.
Any soluble fertilizer can be a foliar feed mix, but use it at 1/2 or 1/4th of the recommended dose.
Awesome thanks for the advice! I never heard of yucca extract before. Btw I didn't mean to post this question twice.

Top Bottom