Q. medium dark cobalt with mottled green and light blue traditional Chinese style with 3 chop slanted foot

vancehanna

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Start at 30.00 + $9.00 shipping Auction ends Friday Dec 8th at Midnight for Early AM shipping on Saturday.
Of course all my pots are high fire cone 6. Yet remember that any heavily inverted lip with short diameter will burst in USDA 5/6 and below.IMG_0345_edited copy.jpgIMG_0344_edited.jpgIMG_0346_edited.jpgIMG_0347_edited.jpgIMG_0348_edited.jpg

August

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I love a drippy glaze. This pot would explode in our winter, though!

vancehanna

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
It is high fire. This one probably would lift. I was many years in zone 5/6 and this one does have an involuted lip.

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I'm a noob, can you explain this? Also, is it still for sale?
Freeze expansion. Some pots will crack because they have a lip and there is no where for freeze expansion to happen. Same thing that happens to frozen pipes. @vancehanna does make some really nice pots. I have ones that are going into their second winter with no problems.

NateDyk47

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Thanks, I figured it was freezing related, but still confused about the inferred inverted lip part. This pot doesn't seem like it has much of one, but I might not be looking at it correctly.

Top Bottom