pyracantha sparkler - informal upright

boguz

Mame
Reaction score
Hi everyone
And my other nursery is an pyracantha.
I loved its nebari a lot, and also it has an natural "S"shape, so wanted to try an informal upright.
If there are any advice, it would be great to hear as a newbie here :)

IMG_3051.JPGIMG_3049.JPGIMG_3072.JPG IMG_3073.JPG

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Did you cut off the root? Hard to tell in the picture, and a straight on shot of the trunk line will help. Pyracantha can be cut back hard in early spring. Best thing to do is study the tree and learn about good soil, and repotting this and cutting back to where you want it.seems to have some reverse taper but it could be the picture, that will need to be delt with.

Last edited:

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Welcome to Crazy!

Looks like a fun project!

Sorce

boguz

Mame
Reaction score
Did you cut off the root? Hard to tell in the picture, and a straight on shot of the trunk line will help. Pyracantha can be cut back hard in early spring. Best thing to do is study the tree and learn about good soil, and repotting this and cutting back to where you want it.seems to have some reverse taper but it could be the picture, that will need to be delt with.
Thanks for the comments.
No, i just added some soil to save the roots. I am planning to repot and cut hard in march, till then i guess i ll just study the tree as u said. I dont know much about this plant, should learn how to trim and wire.
But i feel good about this nursery, love its roots and shape :)

Top Bottom