Pumice

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I don't know if that is a good price...

But if you're in Rochester...

I'd go see the Man!

I'd imagine it cheaper if bought in bulk.

Sorce

RKatzin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I've got two yards sitting in a pile. I sift it out as I need it. I have shipped out three gal. boxes of 1/4" for $40. I made about five bucks a gal. and the rest is shipping.
The pile is everything from sand to big half inch chunk. I use it all. The fines are the best thing for cuttings. I can make it up any size, all one size or all mixed together.
I'm not a big production, just a guy with access, but I will drop everything and get you your pumice post haste. Takes longer to get to the post office than it does to sift and box it up. By the way, I pay $40 a yard, so if I can ship out a couple of boxes I've paid for the whole pile, and you've got your pumice. I am not in the business, I only make this offer to my B- nutty friends.

CWTurner

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I can't find it anywhere
Can't remember what I paid for it, but I got a decent 5 gallon-ish bag from Natures Way Bonsai outside Harrisburg, PA
Re your purchase link: Pumice is pretty light, so 15 lbs could be a lot.
CW

makarovnik

Mame
Reaction score
Can't remember what I paid for it, but I got a decent 5 gallon-ish bag from Natures Way Bonsai outside Harrisburg, PA
Re your purchase link: Pumice is pretty light, so 15 lbs could be a lot.
CW
I would love to check Natures Way Bonsai but Harrisburg is about a 2-3 hour drive away. I will eventually make a trip there someday, for now I think I will use the convenience.

Tiki

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I don't know if that is a good price...

Sorce

For the East coast, It aint an awful price. Thats about what ive paid for a 20ish lbs bag. Them west coast guys got it so nice, can just pull up and load a truck bed full of the stuff for practically nothing.

OP, If you can find it cheaper good on ya! And maybe let us know... :)

Gary McCarthy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a

Waltron

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
$25 shipped is a good price. I just ordered 3 bags from general pumice products yesterday. anxious to evaluate the quantity and quality. I've purchased from ebay, amazon, bonsai jack, and etsy in the past. this appears to be the best value I've seen yet, as far as shipped product goes.

Gary McCarthy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
$25 shipped is a good price. I just ordered 3 bags from general pumice products yesterday. anxious to evaluate the quantity and quality. I've purchased from ebay, amazon, bonsai jack, and etsy in the past. this appears to be the best value I've seen yet, as far as shipped product goes.

I'll be curious to see what you think when you receive it. What size/sizes did you order?

I placed an order as well. Hoping to have by the end of the week.

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
I would still look into Dusty @ summit. You can get pumice or any of the fixins for the ever famous "Boon's mix" all sifted and sized ready to use from the box. Personally, I'm a fan of Optisorb but that was not the question.

RKatzin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Glad you folks are getting your pumice. It seems to be getting more available. I don't know how it works out weight wise, I go by volume and I can get 3gal in a USPS go anywhere box. I'd be interested to know what the product is like. I like to sift and wash so there's no dust. It runs out like thin milk.

Gary McCarthy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I would still look into Dusty @ summit. You can get pumice or any of the fixins for the ever famous "Boon's mix" all sifted and sized ready to use from the box. Personally, I'm a fan of Optisorb but that was not the question.

Dusty does have a nice web site. I guess I'm not sure how his price per gallon compares to the General Pumice price per pound. I guess I'll see when I get my order.

Thanks for your input.

dkraft81

Shohin
Reaction score
Hi rkatzin, I sell a large flat rate box of pumice for 32 shipped. It's approximately 3.5 gallons. I've weighed several boxes and they average right around 25lbs give or take a few pounds. All of my soil is hand sifted so there is minimal fines left for the user. A good watering will take care of the fines that are created in shipping.

You can find the soil on my website.
https://www.summitbonsai.com/products/

Top Bottom