Pumice for sale in the tri-state area...Finally

youngsai

Mame
Reaction score
After a lot of trial and error, and a thousand phone calls, I have sourced pumice in the mid-Atlantic area. I bought a ton of 1/8-1/4" clean pumice, and want to share it with anyone who needs pumice in the NJ, NY, Conn, Penn, and New England area. The pumice prices I will be selling are

50 lbs for $30
250 lbs for $110
500 lbs for $190

I am willing to deliver given some middle ground of the distance being reasonable and the order being large enough, just tell me your order size and area code and I'll give you a price. I promise I will be fair and I guarantee I'll destroy Ebay's prices, thats for sure! I want to make this work. So if you don't like the prices, grades, or if you are looking for any other component please let me know!

I am also gonna do a 1 to 1 to 1 ratio of Pumice, lava, and montmorr high fired clay; let me know if you have interest in this as well; individual elements of these are also available!

Thanks for your time!
Any questions at all just call me, Josh @ (732)484-6621, or email me joshua.hanzman@gmail.com

youngsai

Mame
Reaction score
Quoted the wrong size

The right size is 1/8-5/16" Sorry for the mix-up!

I'm waiting for the order to come in (the company delivering it said it should be Wednesday the latest) , and soon as I get it and get the big lug situated, I'll take pictures and post them up!

youngsai

Mame
Reaction score
Finally came!

The pumice came out turned out to be 450 gallons of clean material, here are some pics, very uniform, very little fines, and it is the strongest pumice I've ever seen, some pieces were harder to break apart than lava!

I'll do deliveries for a fairly low cost to anyone in the greater Tri-state area, and if anyone is even further than that and the order is large enough, I'll do that as well!

Just let me know if anyone needs pumice and we'll work something out =)

Attachments

• soil_2_14 014.jpg
    soil_2_14 014.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 148

youngsai

Mame
Reaction score
to Wireme

Hey I think I may have quoted you wrong now having seen and had experience with a ton, 1 ton filled 9.75 45 gallons garbage containers, so now a more precise number for is

500lbs=.41 meters cubed

youngsai

Mame
Reaction score
The final quoted size variance is clean 1/8"-5/16", and it really does look good if I might say so myself!

The third picture is a Lava/Pumice mix I'm selling as well,

Attachments

• 2452.jpg
    2452.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 94
  • 2453.jpg
    2453.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 98
  • soil_2_14 019.jpg
    soil_2_14 019.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 123

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
About what volume is 50 lbs? Is that a 5 gal bucket of material? Less? More?

youngsai

Mame
Reaction score
Paradox, the entire ton fit into about 9.5 45 gallon garbage bins. so each 45 gallons is around 200 lbs. So just doing approximate math, 50 lbs is about 10-13 gallons, approximately.

I'm tentative on prices guys, understand that I'm still working the kinks out, but I think it is better for me to sell by volume. It's just easier to do. Just pm what your looking for and I'll work something out.

youngsai

Mame
Reaction score
Trying to compete, WILL BEAT ALL COMPETITIVE PRICES, WILL MATCH EBAY PRICES

Hey everyone, I'm really trying to make this substrate endeavor of mine work. So I'm going to lower the 50lbs to $25 bucks, furthermore anyone ordering from Ebay, if it is all the same to you please order from me.

l'll match any price within reason, obviously I reserve the right to say no if it is outside of my profit range. Here is my Ebay pumice auctions for large flat rate box. Thank you all for giving me this chance, I will work EXTREMELY hard to perfect this soil and make this a respectable endeavor...

PUMICE FOR THE EAST COAST AND BEYOND!!!

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
You said you would be going to MABS. I might consider meeting up with you sometime on Saturday for some. I would be looking to buy at least 50 lbs worth, maybe 100 lbs of pumice. I could bring a 100 lb capacity plastic tote to put it into. PM me with what you would charge for 50 lbs and 100 lbs.

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I will also be at MABS and may consider buying some pumice. Rather than PM everyone individually if you could list prices here that would be convenient.

youngsai

Mame
Reaction score
I'm doing 50 lbs for $25 and 100 lbs for $48

NYbonsai I have listed the prices, it's at the beginning of the post. But they are changing as I work the kinks out, I actually changed them in favor of the buyer (cheaper than what I initially listed) so I can compete with Drystall etc, which I hear is 1/3 dust anyways.

I'll bring a few 100 lb sacks to MABS, I'm so close I might as well.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Put me down for 100 lbs then. Ill be leaving homework and driving over there some time Friday after rush hour. Ill be there all day Saturday and coming back early Sunday. Just have to figure out when/where to meet up. The hotel lobby is a possibility and we can go out to the parking lot and transfer the pumice to my truck.

painter

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
just picked up my pumice today and it looks great. not really any fines at all, good uniform size and a great price.
all around great deal.
p

james

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Will you ship to South Dakota?

I would be interested in 50-100 lbs of pumice, would need it shipped to Sioux Falls, SD. Would also consider straight lava, should you have similar size.

Thanks, Josh

PS Any idea on shipping cost? Do not need it fast

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I would be interested in 50-100 lbs of pumice, would need it shipped to Sioux Falls, SD. Would also consider straight lava, should you have similar size.

Thanks, Josh

PS Any idea on shipping cost? Do not need it fast

Since pumice is more common on the west coast, it might be more cost effective for you to find a supplier out there. Definately compare prices.

youngsai

Mame
Reaction score
Pumice/lava mix now also available

While I would like the sale, you really should look around you first, you may be able to get a better deal. I don't get great prices (barely able to match eBay prices), I'm more just taing advantage of the fact that is it rare on the east coast, which is negated by the fact that you are not near me...

If I'm to be completely honest (and this is kinda embarrassing haha), I did this to make a few extra bucks to spend on pots/tools/trees, but also am opening to get a foot in the door with growers. So, in other words, I am hoping to use the sale of substrates to curry favor with people in bonsai, lol... and it is working which is awesome!

But, if you don't find a cheaper alternative, I am selling 50 pounds lava/pumice clean 1/4" mix for $25 and shipping for a large flat rate box is $15.85 (but a large flat rate only fits about 3 gallons, which is around 30 pounds (but this would be prorated of course).

discusmike

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
If your coming down to the show in washington ill take some, if I don't go I can meet you on one of the i95 exits around my way if possible, lmk

Top Bottom