Project JPB6 - Amateur Division

Hack Yeah!

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Ordered 50 seeds from treeseeds.com
Stored in desk drawer for a couple of months
Jan 1, Soaked in standard tap temperature water for 36 hrs.
Jan 2, Planted in perlite/peat/pine bark mix, placed on heating mat

Must have had over 50 seeds, I didn't count them, 47 sprouted as of todayIMG_20180127_153759.jpg

Hack Yeah!

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Anyone growing JPB from seed for the first time are welcome to join this thread. I look forward to learning together.

Hack Yeah!

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I've read @markyscott grafting thread. Has anyone grafted jbp to southern/loblolly pine? I'm guessing they should be compatible

shimbrypaku

Shohin
Reaction score
Looks great, my JBP seed have not sprouted yet. I think I was a little early on the planting, no heating mat available. I have a second set 50 seeds in the frig right now.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Looks great, my JBP seed have not sprouted yet. I think I was a little early on the planting, no heating mat available. I have a second set 50 seeds in the frig right now.
The Walmart here had heating mats in the garden section, next to the seeds and jiffy mix.

plant_dr

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Looks like some elm seedlings going as well? Nice!
Good luck with all of them!

Hack Yeah!

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Looks like some elm seedlings going as well? Nice!
Good luck with all of them!
You are correct! Lots of seeds going this year, going to plant them all over the wild areas of my yard and keep a few in pots. Maples, hornbeams, zelcova, BC almost ready to come out of fridge...

Hack Yeah!

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Roughly 40 days from seed, I plucked about 7 out to experiment with this cutting you guys keep talking about. Will see how it goes....IMG_20180311_131822.jpgIMG_20180311_132035.jpg

Hack Yeah!

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
They are only slightly smaller than the ones I haven't cut, if you look above I cut the Taproot about where it touches the rim of the Coke can.

Top Bottom