Price for willow leaf bonsai material

Hornemadness

Seedling
Reaction score
I recently was at an acquaintances place and noticed they had a pretty big willow leaf ficus. They don't really do bonsai, so it's just kinda in a pot outside. The tree is about 4 feet tall, and the trunk looks like it's 6 inches at the widest. After thinking about it for a bit, I figured I'd ask them if they were interested in selling it. What would be a fair price for a willow leaf ficus of this size?

Price is hard to say.
It really depends on what someone is willing to pay for said tree.
Location can also be a factor. Trees tend to be more expensive in some places than in others.
That said, given the size of the tree, I think $100 is a good place to start.

Thanks everyone for your advise. I spoke to the acquaintance on the phone yesterday. They said that the tree in question held sentimental value, so they could not part with it 😞...... HOWEVER, they did say I could have some other pretty big propagates of the tree 😀. I'm gonna pop over there at some point today and take a look. 🤞

Willow leaf ficus are very easy to get cuttings from

So I went and looked at the other stuff they had. Lots of cool potential bonsai in that backyard. The propagate he showed me was almost as big as the one I had my eye on! Following your guy's suggestion, I threw out 100 bucks as an offer. Long story short, the tree is mine now! Very excited to start working on this bad boy once the weather warms up!

Attachments

• 20231224_154331.jpg
    20231224_154331.jpg
    479.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 20231224_154346.jpg
    20231224_154346.jpg
    318 KB · Views: 72
They had this in their yard too. Super wierd!

Attachments

• 20231225_143708.jpg
    20231225_143708.jpg
    418.2 KB · Views: 67
It looks a lot like ficus Burt Davyii to me, but honestly it's hard to say- there are hundreds of species of ficus and some are very distinct, but a lot of them (like this one) look very similar…

Back
Top Bottom