Pre-bonsai for sale

justBonsai

Omono
Reaction score
I will be reducing a lot of my collection in the coming months. I'm currently busy with fall quarter but as soon as I get on break I will be listing my trees on the auction pages.

If any nutters are interested, you can have first dibs.

Here are some of the trees I will be listing:

Updated pictures and more trees to be posted later. The air layers on the amur have already been succesfully taken and both will be sold as separate trees. Please PM for prices.

Standard acer palmatum, really nice nebari but the trunk and branches need work.

20170101_151643.jpg

Amur maple. Old tree. Super wild nebari with lots of character at base. Lots of whips grown since last year intended to use for thread grafting in next growing season.
20170101_155110.jpg

20170101_155014.jpg

Seiju Elm clump. One of the trees died. Updated pictures to come later
20170101_150717 - Copy.jpg

justBonsai

Omono
Reaction score
Also have a large foemina I'll post pictures for later and if the price is right, also selling my chunky shohin black pine. Really good quality material. 5 inch base, lots of lower growth set for primary branch options, strong taper, old bark. Top sacrifice left running on it. I did some fall maintainence and thinned out a lot of excess branches, buds, and needles so you can see the trunk better. You can still get a good idea of what's there.

DSC00649.JPG

justBonsai

Omono
Reaction score
Hell yeah!

Keep growing it!

$200 a year!

Sorce

I'd keep all my trees if I could! :( But life is gonna get moving in the next year. Probably will have to reduce my collection substantially.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'd keep all my trees if I could! :( But life is gonna get moving in the next year. Probably will have to reduce my collection substantially.

Gouge Adair then!

Lol!

Seriously....
I would love to see him grow that out.

Where you going this time?
No permanent?

Sorce

justBonsai

Omono
Reaction score
Where you going this time?
No permanent?

Sorce
Haha. I think I'm spoiled with the prices I get in California. I've been pricing a lot of my trees low but as a soon to be college graduate I think I can justify taking advantage of those secondary market prices and price up. Some time next year I will likely move, hopefully for a bonsai apprenticeship but otherwise for work. Can't practically care for all my trees or expect my parent to help me when I'm gone so gotta cut the numbers.

Anyhow, on to pictures and prices. No shipping until December. This is not a season thing, I just cannot physically ship trees until then. So check your weather and be responsible for when you think it's safe for trees to be delivered in your area!

Prices do not include shipping. Please PM me any inquiries or interest to avoid cluttering thread. I will add more trees over time. If they do not sell here they will go up on Bonsai Auctions on Facebook!

Wooden boxes add a lot of weight and make shipping more expensive. Trees will be removed and root system tightly wrapped before shipping.

Tree 1: Amur Maple $200
Tree started from air layer. Initial girdling produced lots of swelling at base with appx. 2 inch trunk. Lot of small whips grown this season with the intention to use at thread grafts for spring. I would NOT cut them off as you can start compacting the branch structure next season with them. Old tree with mature bark. Nice movement in primary branches.

DSC01022.JPG

DSC01023.JPG

DSC01024.JPG

justBonsai

Omono
Reaction score
Tree 2: Seiju Elm $150

Old small tree with mature corking bark. Roughly 1 inch trunk. Second trunk is air layer from the same tree. You can choose to separate them in spring or try to grow them together. Healthy root system, took 3 seasons to reduce it from dense block. Lots of great lower movement and low primary branches.

DSC01029.JPG

DSC01030.JPG

DSC01032.JPG

justBonsai

Omono
Reaction score
Tree 3: Hinoki Cypress $75

1.5 inch trunk. Nice nebari. A ton of lower and tight inner foliage. For full disclosure one side of the trunk is a little bare--I'd bend a young branch back and approach graft if needed. Plenty of branches to use in that case. Healthy foliage and strong root system. Don't know what to do with this tree and haven't had time to style.

DSC01025.JPG

DSC01026.JPG

DSC01028.JPG

justBonsai

Omono
Reaction score
Tree 4: Large Foemina juniper $180

Started as a big bush 2 years ago and a concrete block for roots. Root system compacted and primary branches started. Nice spreading nebari and strong trunk. Foliage close to trunk. Decent candidate for formal upright. I would give it a full season to build strength and size in primary branches before next cut back.

DSC01033.JPG

DSC01035.JPG

DSC01036.JPG

DSC01037.JPG

justBonsai

Omono
Reaction score
More trees will be posted, lots of nice material. Please PM any inquiries. I have the right to choose who I want to sell to. Japanese maples still in leaf. Will add those in after leaf drop.

justBonsai

Omono
Reaction score
Just for giggles, how much are you asking for the palmatum?
As high as people are willing to pay haha. If I sell local I price a little lower since accessibility of pre-bonsai in socal is good and I don't have to deal with shipping. If I ship the tree it needs to be sold at a good price since shipping is a hassle and expensive.

For a straight sale I'd be willing to do $170 + shipping costs. I may be willing to barter a little so I'll accept offers as well. Otherwise however much it ends up going for on the auction pages.

justBonsai

Omono
Reaction score
Im still interested in the elm clump if you want to part with it locally yet
Yeah I still haven't forgot about you. Right now I'm swamped but in the next few weeks I can entertain the possibility of local pick up if you'd like to check out the tree.

Karmage

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Hello, I saw this post and was wondering if you still had some for sale?

Top Bottom