Plastic Pot

Kyleboldy2003

Shohin
Reaction score
What are the best plastic pots and where do you buy them from. I just bough some Dallas Bonsai really enjoy them and they were fantastic service and speedy delivery. But just curious where you guys get your training pots.

My training pots are cut down buckets or colanders.

Yeah me to. I bought these at the hardware shop. Cut it in half and make two from it. $2.50 for two training pots...:p

Attachments

• IMAG0831.jpg
    IMAG0831.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 36
  • IMAG0828.jpg
    IMAG0828.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 34
Local nursery continually gives away plastic planters sized under a gallon, because they only return gallon size and up to those other areas growing the products wholesaled to the nursery (just ask one of the crew working the yard before pots are put in the dumpster). Being they're plastic, I've whacked many to better fit what height I wanted them to be. That was then, this is now. I like the methodology of a board screwed to bottom of tree and thrown in a collander (mostly pumice/lava by the way). If you're near enough I'll deliver most of my excess to you provided you got a bunch of collanders to trade.

What are the best plastic pots and where do you buy them from. I just bough some Dallas Bonsai really enjoy them and they were fantastic service and speedy delivery. But just curious where you guys get your training pots.

I am guessing you mean plastic bonsai pots that are decent quality and look ok. I do get them at Dallas Bonsai sometimes. I also shop Amazon for them and it seems I do better on pricing with larger sizes. I am not a big fan of Bonsai Boys in general but they often have a good selection priced good as well.

The Kord brand of bulb pots is good for starting plants and I get those at the local Agway or Tractor Supply. Those are sturdy as all of their pots are.

Grimmy

Back
Top Bottom