Pink Flowering Crabapple

moke

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I found a Marilee Crab with an amazing nebari, I can’t wait to get started with it. Has anyone bonsai-ed this variety? Just curious,

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Any pictures.I was about to say it should be fine ,but the first plant profile I read sais’ It is columner And has limited branching when young,so not sure.

moke

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Any pictures.I was about to say it should be fine ,but the first plant profile I read sais’ It is columner And has limited branching when young,so not sure.
I do not at the moment, it’s put away for winter. This spring I will get some pics.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I tried to keep myself occupied doing laundry, cooking, planted some herb seeds. But, I finally ran out of things to keep me busy and broke down and placed an order . I ordered 2 crabs, a Mary Potter and a Prairie Fire, as well as a quince Toyo Nishiki Improved. Delayed shipping until first part of April. I blame winter boredom. ;)

CasAH

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Where from? I like the Prairie Fire as it is an improved variety that is less susceptible to apple rusts. They are a popular landscape tree up here. Developed at the U of Illinois. I did not know any one grew them for pre Bonsai.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Where from? I like the Prairie Fire as it is an improved variety that is less susceptible to apple rusts. They are a popular landscape tree up here. Developed at the U of Illinois. I did not know any one grew them for pre Bonsai.
Evergreengardenworks. My dad went to U of I, and my husband is watching their basketball came at the moment, lol.

CasAH

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Evergreengardenworks. My dad went to U of I, and my husband is watching their basketball came at the moment, lol.

My wife and her sister went to U of I.

My daughter is in 8th grade and has been there twice for Science Olympiad, best was a fifth place finish last year, hoping to do better this year. She wants to get into the engineering school there.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
My wife and her sister went to U of I.

My daughter is in 8th grade and has been there twice for Science Olympiad, best was a fifth place finish last year, hoping to do better this year. She wants to get into the engineering school there.
I almost went there too, but I was young, and dumb and "in love", so I went to a school closer to home. But good school for sure.

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
I have one, a nice shohin. I might put it up for action on FB this week

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It's somewhere, a thread with it, but I remember it as being on a great path, not a stick, with a stout little trunk!!

I'm sure he'd be reasonable.......I think!;)o_O:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks!

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Toyo Nishiki Improved

Once established you are going to like that a lot as well. If you get just red blooms on any one branch mark it for cuttings... I failed to mark my Toyo and am certain I had some so I skipped its Fall cutback so I can mark it :)

Grimmy

Top Bottom