Paul Katich trees for sale

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
She had someone come look over the collection and give her est prices on what he thought the trees were worth.

She may find she is better served going with an auction format with no reserve. Decide up front if you are going to ship, how you are going to ship, and how much you will charge for shipping. Then hold the auction and you won't have to answer hundreds of random emails :)

Worst case is to get an estimate that under or over values the trees. Then you will either lose money, or not sell the trees. The value is what the market will bear. If she is willing to ship, she will have a larger market to competitively bid.

IrishCrow

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi Sir, I was curious.... Is the number 110 red maple still for sale and if so how much and number 17 juniper and number 18 southern red cedar? If ya can let me know ide appreciate it. If you would like to email my email is bonsaijay82@gmail.com thanks for your time. Ill also be going through your other trees to see whats you still have left.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Hi Sir, I was curious.... Is the number 110 red maple still for sale and if so how much and number 17 juniper and number 18 southern red cedar? If ya can let me know ide appreciate it. If you would like to email my email is bonsaijay82@gmail.com thanks for your time. Ill also be going through your other trees to see whats you still have left.
This is not an actual sale thread, just a thread about the sale. Go back to the beginning of the thread and you'll find a link.

Waltron

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
nice american hornbeam ill say.

BVF, curious to know if you will cop collection?

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I did eventually get an email response to my question about the price on a tree... but I think she didn't understand my email(?) because she talked about the tree but didn't give me a price :)

I decided not to pursue further based on some of the feedback in this thread, as well as the general vibe I was getting from the entire sale. I hope she sells all those trees, and I hope she gets top dollar for them.

IrishCrow

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hey there. IM interested in a few for sure but i got a message back that was very confusing. If there are some for sale please shoot me a private message and i can let you know what im interested in. Thanks for your time

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your compassion and patience while we mourn and sort out the details following my father's sudden death. Please keep in mind that neither my mother nor I know anything about bonsai.

To clarify:
1. The trees are located in Jacksonville, Florida.
2. Unfortunately, we are not comfortable shipping because we don't know how and fear that the tree would be damaged due to our own ignorance.
3. The trees were appraised; while my mother provided a quote, we recognized that there is a range for each tree. We welcome offers in a reasonable range.
4. Please send any inquiries to bellota.pots (at) gmail (dot) com or through the FB page. Please note that we are not monitoring the Flickr page for messages.

At this time, we are speaking with D&L Bonsai Nursery (http://www.dlnursery.com/) to hold an auction on November 18. Additional details will be provided once the event is confirmed.

Reaction score
Hey there. IM interested in a few for sure but i got a message back that was very confusing. If there are some for sale please shoot me a private message and i can let you know what im interested in. Thanks for your time
I have emailed from the gmail account regarding your query. Did you email us? I didn't see any emails with those trees listed.

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your compassion and patience while we mourn and sort out the details following my father's sudden death. Please keep in mind that neither my mother nor I know anything about bonsai.

To clarify:
2. Unfortunately, we are not comfortable shipping because we don't know how and fear that the tree would be damaged due to our own ignorance.
3. The trees were appraised; while my mother provided a quote, we recognized that there is a range for each tree. We welcome offers in a reasonable range.
4. Please send any inquiries to bellota.pots (at) gmail (dot) com or through the FB page. Please note that we are not monitoring the Flickr page for messages.

At this time, we are speaking with D&L Bonsai Nursery (http://www.dlnursery.com/) to hold an auction on November 18. Additional details will be provided once the event is confirmed.

Regarding the auction scheduled for November 18, we should be live-streaming the event to reach a broader audience, and be able to ship. These details are still being worked out. Please stay tuned for more details.

terry

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone

To clarify:

David and Linda at D & L Nursery will serve your needs well. They are both very knowledgeable.

Reaction score
After some discussion, we have postponed the auction until the new year, as to not interfere with the holidays. We plan to hold 2 events in the spring, and we look forward to seeing you there! Please stay tuned for more info!

Reaction score
I just realized that I failed to let the Bnut community know that the auction of my father's trees was held on 24 February in Orlando; I had been focusing updates on our Facebook page. I blame the holidays for my oversight, but wish I had remembered to log in here regardless.

That being said:
(1) there are trees that are still available that were either not taken to the auction or did not reach their reserve prices All but the wisteria are currently available for viewing at D&L Bonsai Nursery. We are still hesitant to ship; we tried a couple and the trees/pots were significantly damaged.
Photos: https://www.flickr.com/gp/bellotapots/21J20d

(2) Bellota pots will be represented at BSF in May.

Best,

Kristina Katich
bellota.pots@gmail.com

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
I just realized that I failed to let the Bnut community know that the auction of my father's trees was held on 24 February in Orlando; I had been focusing updates on our Facebook page. I blame the holidays for my oversight, but wish I had remembered to log in here regardless.

That being said:
(1) there are trees that are still available that were either not taken to the auction or did not reach their reserve prices All but the wisteria are currently available for viewing at D&L Bonsai Nursery. We are still hesitant to ship; we tried a couple and the trees/pots were significantly damaged.
Photos: https://www.flickr.com/gp/bellotapots/21J20d

(2) Bellota pots will be represented at BSF in May.

Best,

Kristina Katich
bellota.pots@gmail.com

Thank you again for thinking of us. Your father meant a great deal to many people.

Top Bottom