Panama Red Pot Challenge - unstyled entries

Crabman

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7ab
Pretty sure my entry is beyond saving. I'm not surprised, when purchased it was the only one of 30+ that wasn't brown or orange and the home depot guys were chucking them in the dumpster. I wired down the branches to bring in some light, but other than that I haven't stressed it. Just watering and misting on warm days. Weather may have been a factor, freezing then 85, then freezing, then 85.

Now it is getting crispy, very dull green with some yellow tips. Needles fall off to the touch, though branches still have a little flex.

Definitely a bummer, but I'm excited to get new trees from local sources that are better adapted for Oklahoma. The low prices of the new spring stock at the big box stores are tempting right now on my budget, but I am worried that I will have won't better luck with them.

I am excited to see what has become of the other entries!

Crabman

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7ab
Dig em Man. Dig native trees that like living there and the price is right!
This is the least expensive addiction I have ever had.

Thanks, I think I will have to pick up a spade and a folding saw. There is a dump lot behind my apartment complex that may be a good place to start. If something is thriving in that mess I'm sure it would be happy on my balcony.

Cattwooduk

Shohin
Reaction score
There's a 3 foot silver birch in the woods where I walk my dog I've had my eye on all winter. I think in the next week or two I'll go grab it with my folding shovel!

Soldano666

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5is
There's a 3 foot silver birch in the woods where I walk my dog I've had my eye on all winter. I think in the next week or two I'll go grab it with my folding shovel!
Better put it in a red pot. The deadline just got extended another week or two.

Soldano666

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5is
And cause i haven't started a styled entries thread. I feel @sorce is waiting for me to take the reigns on this here challenge. Thanks.ks for you help buddy. Works had me nailed to the cross for the past few weeks. I took some nice photos but haven't sat down and decided how to make the post using my entry as an example. But like we've said before slack rules and slack vibes. Just good fun and sometimes waiting for shit makes it better. Or a waste of time. We'll never know til we get to see that styled tree thread. I hope we all had fun, mine too has a beard and greys now, but at least it hasn't started to turn brown. Soon my dudes.

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
This is good for me, so far I think only one of mine will be entered but the longer I wait the better.
One really didn't work out design wise and would benefit from a cut back to a stump, another I took it outside and it hated that and it's not looking so healthy and well that last one is just silly.
However one of them is going great so that is the basket my eggs are in.

Top Bottom