Overwatered Serissa

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 34342
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    serissa
D

Deleted member 34342

Please help me with my Serissa bonsai! Leaves are droopy and I’m not seeing any new growth either. I think I overwatered it, I cut off a tip of the branch and the inside is green so it’s alive, the plant is really sensitive and goes into shock easily.
When should I resume watering? How can I care for it in its current state? The soil is dry atm so I’m worried it will kill the plant as it doesn’t like a dry rootball

Attachments

• 5887E4D1-5A96-4F82-A5F5-25B6D63E99DD.jpeg
    5887E4D1-5A96-4F82-A5F5-25B6D63E99DD.jpeg
    230.3 KB · Views: 45
The soil is dry atm
Are you sure that is a Serissa, the leaves don't look like one? If the soil is dry, water it. They don't like wet feet, but you shouldn't let the soil dry out completely either. Are you keeping it inside? They do SO much better outside. Try putting it outside in the shade and water carefully. If there is still green, it could bounce back.

Are you sure that is a Serissa, the leaves don't look like one? If the soil is dry, water it. They don't like wet feet, but you shouldn't let the soil dry out completely either. Are you keeping it inside? They do SO much better outside. Try putting it outside in the shade and water carefully. If there is still green, it could bounce back.
Yeah it has the little white flowers and everything! How should I water this one?

Don't let it dry out, don't overwater. Stick a wooden chopstick in the soil and if the to starts to dry out needs water.
And place it outside. It's too dark where is now, not enough air movement and maybe even dry air because of air-conditioning.

Oh wow those leaves are identical! It’s gotta be a Fukien! What can I do to save it?
I've never had much luck with them myself. You're in Florida and it is a tropical. Put it outside in the shade to begin with. They're fussy about too much/too little water, being moved, looked at funny. Best of luck with it. Maybe get something a little easier to start out with like a ficus.

Give the search function a try, here -- you may find some useful & encouraging posts. (Also, you can start a fresh thread asking re: Fukien tea.)

Back
Top Bottom