One of my favorite pots

thumblessprimate1

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Dave, good move. Cats are evil!

Jase, welcome. I like Juko's work. Just enough bolder than Aiba that it's clearly his, yet still a familiar feel.
Here's an Aiba Koyo I hope to plant one day...
I gotta get a blue pot like that for one of my quinces in the future! @Jase: That blue pot looks awesome.

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Careful man, they're like potato chips...:eek:.

...and you got a red...very nice. Now, you need a blue and a 5 color;)

I know what you mean. I've got a blue gekkou so a 5 color would be a fine way to complete the collection. I'm probably done with tree/pot purchases for the year.
Although all it takes is the right one to pop up and then my wheels get turning on how I can make it happen....

This one looks great on the shelf, but I'd like to find a little something to put in it.

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
hahaha, can't wait to see it.

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I think I might get into the "buy a pot look for a tree later" problem!

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I ran into Matt at the ABS show in Md. Never thought I'd need some of those pricier pots. I bought two ;-) He recently moved to a new home within an hour and a half drive from me. He told me I can come look at the pots in person. I think it's a trap...

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
I ran into Matt at the ABS show in Md. Never thought I'd need some of those pricier pots. I bought two ;-) He recently moved to a new home within an hour and a half drive from me. He told me I can come look at the pots in person. I think it's a trap...
Jeez, I'd end up bankrupt AND divorced...

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Matt's shown me pics of many of his pots...being able to actually touch them??? A shiver just ran up my spine...
His booth at the ABS show was STUFFED with tiny, small, medium and large sized older Japanese pots. There must have been hundreds of them. He was giving discounts on combined purchases because he didn't want to pack them all up to take home. ALL of them had pretty good patina. It was very hard deciding which were coming home with me. I knew the $900 mame pot wasn't making the trip. I STILL can't get past that price for a tiny pot that will stay on a shelf, but hey I'm a cheapskate. ;-)

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
It's art, man!
Nice gekkou Brian. Dave, which one did you go for? I'm tempted by a few, but I don't think I can get it past the finance director...

Top Bottom