One of my favorite pots

Reaction score
Lol, me not unless it is pure luck by seeing it first.
But that is why I hope there will be more than one available .

If you have facebook, Roy posted a cryptic post about a pot with two stamps and then not long after Mr Harrington basically confirmed something was happening.
This excites me!

Plus it was the second coolest pottery related post I saw today, Thor Holvila made a T-rex skull pot for someone and that was very cool.

You could pm the EBPC on facebook about you wanting it. If you're lucky they haven't put a name on it yet.

I can't find the T-rex pot :(
A Roy pot is on the list over here too, but I think getting it might take a while.

Reaction score
Yeah I could but I think I would prefer to wait and see what is happening first, after all it might be out of my price range.

Th T-Rex pot was posted here.
https://www.facebook.com/HolvilaBonsaiPot/?hc_ref=SEARCH

Sorry for the late reply, stuff's been super busy!
That pot is too cool, but what would you put in it?

Here's the pic of the pink Kawada pot, I totally forgot posting it. My thumb right about fits it.

20170503_180544.jpg

Guess who got another :D

20170520_093140.jpg
It is a bit cleaner now, the colour is great!

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Lovely little pots there, very nice.

Sorry for the late reply, stuff's been super busy!
That pot is too cool, but what would you put in it?

No worries.
I have no idea, think I would be happy to just have it on a shelf but having given it a little thought and it is a cascade pot I reckon a brown version of it would suit a nice weeping acacia. Failing that I would maybe investigate whether there is an ancient or prehistoric species to maybe go in one.

Hopefully he is going to release a themed edition at some point, the comments section seem to point to it.

Reaction score
Thanks! Maybe you should get a couple too, they are very good looking!
Do you mean themed as in more animals? Like elephants and such?
I'm trying to figure out what kind of tree would grow in a skull? What would it look like?
Same as with the glacier pots, what tree grows on a glacier?

These two came in the mail today, very happy! :D

It's hard to capture the glazes, but it looks like a whole cabinet full of glaze was sprinkled on the small red pot. It is a freeform rectangle by the way, not what I expected either!

20170522_102951.jpg 20170522_103021.jpg

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
20170522_184722.jpg Bought this pot from a potter we have in the Phoenix Bonsai Society. I think he does a pretty good job. His pot deserves a better bonsai but this is what I have right now.

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Thanks! Maybe you should get a couple too, they are very good looking!
Do you mean themed as in more animals? Like elephants and such?
I'm trying to figure out what kind of tree would grow in a skull? What would it look like?
Same as with the glacier pots, what tree grows on a glacier?

These two came in the mail today, very happy! :D

It's hard to capture the glazes, but it looks like a whole cabinet full of glaze was sprinkled on the small red pot. It is a freeform rectangle by the way, not what I expected either!

Ooh I like those ones. I would be happy too to have them arrive in the mail.

I can't go overboard at the moment on pots as it is birthday season coming up in a couple of weeks, 3 of us all in the space of one week so the kids probably need something.

I think it might be a dinosaur themed edition going by his post and replies on facebook. It will be interesting to see what he comes up with as I am sure it wouldn't just be skulls.
A lot of the skull pots are palm size and would make for accent plantings I reckon, that would probably make it a bit easier to find something. For me what I kind of see is a contrast, in death there is life kind of thing. Something with bright flowers perhaps.
Conversely it could be a bleak winter image of a windswept deciduous, it is hard to really pin point something as each pot should be treated individually and each person has different ideas and climate restrictions.

Bought this pot from a potter we have in the Phoenix Bonsai Society. I think he does a pretty good job. His pot deserves a better bonsai but this is what I have right now.

My lack of self control strikes again! My latest Sam Miller for your consideration...

I like both of those too, lack of self control can be a good thing. :D

Reaction score
Turns out I can go a little crazy, football, Manchester, beer, bids and it's all good.
Pics when they come in/.
Ahh living the life I see!
The pot ideas Thor's fan gang has sound cool, I'll be curious to see what he makes of it.
Can you give hints of your order? Not nosy at all ;)

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Yeah pretty sure it will look nicer in person. :D

Hoping it will be this week if not early next week, I might have to pick it up from the post office though. I need to check the mail box out for slips as it could be here already maybe. .

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
That's real nice man, lovely little space for them. Love those big ones at the top, real cool.

I definitely need something like that, some are on display and others are just waiting for me to find a spot but really I need to make a dedicated area. I have a load of pallet wood on hand so I may be able to make something of it.

Top Bottom