Need book suggestion

Kaleb

Seedling
Reaction score
Hello, I am interested in finding a book or video series of some kind that will help me understand the why. Someone can tell me when to repot, but I want to understand why. Would like it to tell me the science behind the things we do so I have a better understanding. I am not talking about advanced topics, just the basic stuff about keeping trees alive. Thank you

pandacular

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Not sure I have anything bonsai related to suggest, but I really enjoyed Botany for Gardeners by Brian Capon.

Lot's of people can tell you a why, but for the most part, botanists and bonsaiists are different groups, with less interaction than you may think!

NateDyk47

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I think this is a great horticulture focused bonsai book. It may be a difficult read if you're not looking to dig deep into scientific details, but I found it to be really informative.

1000005929.jpg

99 Mile Creek

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I think this is a great horticulture focused bonsai book. It may be a difficult read if you're not looking to dig deep into scientific details, but I found it to be really informative.

View attachment 541825
I second this. If you're a pamphlet reader, this isn't for you. But if you want to know the science and don't mind, or enjoy, reading textbooks, this is it.

Kaleb

Seedling
Reaction score
Awesome information so far. Keep em coming!

Top Bottom