Neagari style Goji Berry...

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Late strangler in training now, finally budding out. Was wondering since the other took off...and it was last to pot...if the roots got to dry. Then repotting gently in larger substrate... But it's waking up. Now...assuming it needs left in contraption for 5 years. Makes it easy actually to just leave be. Offering horiticutural care...and some guidance. It's like a lazy man's project. Lol leave along without reporting for 5 years. ? about as easy as ground growing...

Jacob Jaimes

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I've got a few in the works. I have last year's cuttings set to fuse.
Here's a pic before they went radical.

Attachments

• IMG_20180209_122358526.jpg
    IMG_20180209_122358526.jpg
    292.1 KB · Views: 29

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
So what's the best time to repot these things?
I did mine when I noticed a few bits of green pushing on the one. The other was still dormant but in the same pot. Treating it like any other deciduous...I bare rooted to continue with that exposed root. Another thing I was not quite sure on. But the more mature one has long recovered. The younger one...with no signs of waking...took longer to wake. But is seeming fine now.

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
I did mine when I noticed a few bits of green pushing on the one. The other was still dormant but in the same pot. Treating it like any other deciduous...I bare rooted to continue with that exposed root. Another thing I was not quite sure on. But the more mature one has long recovered. The younger one...with no signs of waking...took longer to wake. But is seeming fine now.

All three species I have stay evergreen for the most part...

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Both are taking off so well... I was just admiring their foliage the day before...then left the greenhouse door open the other day when really windy...and the wind damaged the foliage a bit. Not overly concerned. Just wished I had used my head at how windy it was...these will be my shohin size neagari which will get done in less time than the intended trident. Which I want a larger less delicate neagari...so...most likely ten year project. But in the end of that time. A good specimen of thick substantial roots to admire. ? So glad I had one set me straight in time frame for that one. Going to actually do two tridents...using different size pumice to see the difference the two sizes offer. That was Jonas' idea from Bonsai tonight. He's an amazing man...and has been great for ideas and direction! Again...with my wanting a less delicate tree...I need to be in for the long haul.

Top Bottom