MY GARDEN, SHARE YOURS

MaineChowder

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Thank you all for sharing! They are all so inspiring. We bought our house 15 years ago and have spent that time redoing the inside. Now it's time to work on the outside and I have been researching Japanese garden design, which led me to my new found interest in bonsai.

No pictures yet as it's just a boring yard at the moment, but all of you have provided me with some great ideas!

Don

defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Well,I acquired this property last Spring and discovered a 100 year old walkway that is buried beneath the yard.Goes through the whole property!
At least some of it will be utilized for a Bonsai garden.
View attachment 173769

Nice i envision monkey poles and benches allong the entire hidden path :p

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Yea I would like to do that,but only 30% of it is not directly under trees.The bit that is clear from falling walnuts and oak branches gets part sun.Should be good for Beech and Hornbeam.
There is southern exposure on the other end of the House,but no walkway there.

Last edited:

chicago1980

Omono
Reaction score
Well,I acquired this property last Spring and discovered a 100 year old walkway that is buried beneath the yard.Goes through the whole property!
View attachment 173769
That is going to make a beautiful restoration project

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
View attachment 173769

Holy shit!

Thank God for grass, I expect you'd a paid for that!

#dopestshitever

Sorce

CasAH

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
There is southern exposure on the other end of the House,but no walkway there.

Sounds like someone will be moving flagstones from the shaded part of the yard to the sunny South side of the yard this Spring and Summer.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
@cmeg1
That is beautiful! I have put in several flagstone paths here, and they are no easy thing, so you are lucky to uncover one so nice as that. :)

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Sounds like someone will be moving flagstones from the shaded part of the yard to the sunny South side of the yard this Spring and Summer.
Great idea,except these are 3-4” quarry stone......They are not getting moved by me:eek:

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Great idea,except these are 3-4” quarry stone......They are not getting moved by me:eek:
I do have this pile that I had to move out the way ,they dug it up when they were putting in the stormwater runoff drainage... they are from the side with Southern exposure so I’ll build up the energy sometime this year :rolleyes:
79B04ED3-77CE-40DD-8F45-4DBD4FD9C4AA.jpeg

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Wimp. I moved 8 tons of Dolomite wall stone and 2 tons of blue stone flagstone to build a koi pond and path last Summer.

Not my smartest plan.
Yea we need to think these things through.lol
I owned a mountain bike for a whole 3 months last year.I am still recovering from that endeavor.

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
While certainly nothing comparable to Mach’s, this is my modest garden this past summer. It’s temporary anyway, I won’t be at this location long theoretically..

Man,I forget what summer is like here when it’s winter and dreary..

Attachments

• FEAD0ACD-7B14-41A7-AFDF-A388DBD293E3.jpeg
    FEAD0ACD-7B14-41A7-AFDF-A388DBD293E3.jpeg
    464.8 KB · Views: 181

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score

CWTurner

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
That was hard work, I'll bet. The difficult part of laying flagstone like that is to keep the stones from rocking. Looks nice and flat, too.
CW

Top Bottom