Microcarpa repotting and next steps

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I repotted this microcarpa a week ago (a bit late but it seems to be taking it well, no leaf drop yet) and was looking at it today planning next steps for next summer, I'm thinking to cut the trunk here, or really, just below the red line, and let the thicker branch on the left become the new leader, and the skinny one on the right can be the first branch, but wanted to show it here to see if anyone sees some possibility that I haven't

20240916_193713~3.jpg

I agree with your decision and don’t forget to use top part as cutting. Ficus is really easy to grow roots from cuttings of any size :). Also you should put some movement to remaining branches with wire. It is also possible, that you will have some backbudding after this hard chop and so new posibilities with future shape.

I agree with your decision and don’t forget to use top part as cutting. Ficus is really easy to grow roots from cuttings of any size :). Also you should put some movement to remaining branches with wire. It is also possible, that you will have some backbudding after this hard chop and so new posibilities with future shape.
Yes, I actually went and wired down the thin branch on the right shortly after posting the picture

Back
Top Bottom