Mastic, Pistacia lentiscus

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
So this Mastic tree has been here since well before we moved in and some genius decided the best place for it was right next to the wall.
Tip, not the the best place.
Anyway due to the damage in the wall this had to go and initially I was not overly concerned by it but as I started cutting it back I thought it may be worth saving. So today I eventually got around to digging it, it's quite a large thing and took a couple of hours but I got there in the end, I must say I earned that 750ml bottle of Cobra.

Hopefully it will make it, we both took a beating though but I am optimistic. This is the largest tree I have dug so it's a waiting game now.
The trunks have loads of size, the old wood plenty of character and as a bonus there is some nice dead wood too.

IMG_2646.JPG
IMG_7314f.JPG

IMG_7333f.JPGIMG_7334f.JPGIMG_7335.JPG

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Cheers, hopefully it will survive. They are far more interesting than I originally thought.

Marija's tree are great, I had only seen the one before so that link is great, thanks.

petegreg

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Foo, good one, fingers crossed. Much heavier than my "Faller".

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Yeah it definitely has some weight to it. Thankfully I remembered to pot it up in the area I'll keep it, it's kind of hard to move now.

Might go looking in the hole for some root cuttings too today. See if they will work.

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Lol, the dude from Dusk till Dawn. Awesome.

Not sure if it is the same stuff or not, this was an Indian beer, supposed to be a pilsner type. It was good.

It should be fun, the more I look at it the more interesting bits I see. Tough to get good pics though.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Lol, the dude from Dusk till Dawn. Awesome.

Not sure if it is the same stuff or not, this was an Indian beer, supposed to be a pilsner type. It was good.

It should be fun, the more I look at it the more interesting bits I see. Tough to get good pics though.
If it's good, then it's definitely different, lol!

Top Bottom