Just a New Yixing

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
My brother and his wife gave me an online gift card for my B-day, for a well known bonsai stuff online supplier.

I really like what I found and only had to augment the gift card for shipping costs.

Its 7 inches wide.

Not sure what I'm gonna put in it yet....gonna have to think more....might not be used this year.....but I like it.
20200123_172533.jpg20200123_172541.jpg20200123_172551_Burst01.jpg20200123_173405.jpg

There is a dude right now on bonsai pot auctions who is selling what look to be Yixing pots for really good prices. Everything from huge pots to little ones. In bundles and as singles. His name is Todd Kearns. His big ones are well worth the price for larger material, if your like myself and canā€™t afford several hundred dollars in one pot. Matter of fact that forest tray I got was from him. Itā€™s massive and inexpensive for its size.
This one. Itā€™s 23ā€x14ā€x2.5ā€. $125. Hrs got similar sizes for 65.

Last edited:
My brother and his wife gave me an online gift card for my B-day, for a well known bonsai stuff online supplier.

I really like what I found and only had to augment the gift card for shipping costs.

Its 7 inches wide.

Not sure what I'm gonna put in it yet....gonna have to think more....might not be used this year.....but I like it.
View attachment 280165View attachment 280166View attachment 280167View attachment 280168
Thatā€™s really pretty. The multiple horizontal lines in the feet and the rim give it a refined, elegant look one doesnā€™t often see in your everyday Yixing pot. Nice find, hope you find the right tenant.

@just.wing.it I found this exact same pot a couple years ago and looked high and low to ID who made it. Thank you for sharing this. The chop mark did not look like the usual Yixing chops Ive seen and have so thats why it was throwing me off. Its a very well made pot with very smooth finish. Should suit a wide variety of trees.

I stuck a small parrots beak in mine.
Parrots beak (035).jpg

@just.wing.it I found this exact same pot a couple years ago and looked high and low to ID who made it. Thank you for sharing this. The chop mark did not look like the usual Yixing chops Ive seen and have so thats why it was throwing me off. Its a very well made pot with very smooth finish. Should suit a wide variety of trees.

I stuck a small parrots beak in mine.
View attachment 280424
Nice looking pot and tree. I like the clean lines of the pot with just enough added to create interest. How big, or small, is this pot?

There is a dude right now on bonsai pot auctions who is selling what look to be Yixing pots for really good prices. Everything from huge pots to little ones. In bundles and as singles. His name is Todd Kearns. His big ones are well worth the price for larger material, if your like myself and canā€™t afford several hundred dollars in one pot. Matter of fact that forest tray I got was from him. Itā€™s massive and inexpensive for its size.
View attachment 280176
This one. Itā€™s 23ā€x14ā€x2.5ā€. $125. Hrs got similar sizes for 65.
I just got my first pot from Todd Kearns. My biggest concern with a new seller is how they package my pot. I was happy to see the box was bigger than minimum, the bubble wrap was twice the necessary amount and lots of peanuts. All the way from Ft. Lauderdale Fla. to S. Oregon without a hitch. Even with the shipping the cost was less than retail. I will definitely buy from Todd again!

I just got my first pot from Todd Kearns. My biggest concern with a new seller is how they package my pot. I was happy to see the box was bigger than minimum, the bubble wrap was twice the necessary amount and lots of peanuts. All the way from Ft. Lauderdale Fla. to S. Oregon without a hitch. Even with the shipping the cost was less than retail. I will definitely buy from Todd again!
Awesome! Almost too many peanuts right?!?! I was just happy it shipped safely though!

Back
Top Bottom