Juniper tip / top turning yellow

crisz

Seed
Reaction score
Hi all, new to juniper, i bought a juniper tree and the top/tip is turning yellow. I looked up some online resources suggesting maybe rot root, but i checked the root and it seems ok, anyone know why its like this ?

juni.PNGjuni2.PNGjuni3.PNGjuni4.PNG

Do not just pull trees from pots. They really do not like it.

Just to make sure,as I am not clear what you mean. You do not mean the happy flush of your growing tips at the end of all the branchlets do you?
Because if you mean the lighter green at the ends, that is what healthy growth on a juniper looks like. (Which might stop now that you have disturbed the rootball)

Yea looks fine and healthy to me
Where in the world are you located?
Is it spring there?
Tree seems to think it is

Do not just pull trees from pots. They really do not like it.

Just to make sure,as I am not clear what you mean. You do not mean the happy flush of your growing tips at the end of all the branchlets do you?
Because if you mean the lighter green at the ends, that is what healthy growth on a juniper looks like. (Which might stop now that you have disturbed the rootball)
Hi Thanks for your reply, yes i do mean the lighter green at the ends, it seems more green in the photo but more yellow in the real life... Seems normal then ?. I tried to copy the repotting technique from youtube to check the root to see if it;s rotted .. ... hope it will not disturbed the grow..

Yea looks fine and healthy to me
Where in the world are you located?
Is it spring there?
Tree seems to think it is
Hi I'm in Melbourne Australia, yes we are heading into spring

normal then
Yup. This is what growth looks like.
You being in Mel, Australia makes it a good time to do rootwork and do a proper repot.

Rootrot is a term thrown around a lot, but rarely actually a thing.

Yup. This is what growth looks like.
You being in Mel, Australia makes it a good time to do rootwork and do a proper repot.

Rootrot is a term thrown around a lot, but rarely actually a thing.
thanks mate

Back
Top Bottom