Japan trip part 2 [angyo, omiya and hanazono] *******pic intensive*********

As we were walking out, we passed by Mr Koike's house. I asked him if I could take a picture with him in front of it. It was a beautiful home which seemed new but classically Japanese in design. By the way, as you can see I tried to blend in by wearing a Yankees tee in Japan!

And that concludes PART 2 of my Japan trip. I hope you have enjoyed it! I will be adding a third part hopefully soon. Although PART 3 will not have pictures of bonsai specifically, it will feature lots of nature images and classic Japanese subjects that I think could be inspiring to anyone practising the art of bonsai.

Amazing thank you for this awesome adventure .

Rishi

Totally awesome. Thanks for taking the time to share with us.

Someday.... :)

Thanks for sharing!

What an incredible journey. Thank you for the time in posting all the pics.

Thank you so much for the pictures! The commentaries really help take us there! :D

Great pictures, thanks for sharing!

DAY 1 SECOND STOP: MAEHASHIDO-EN [ANGYO]
Unfortunately most of his Satsuki were off limits and were not allowed to be photographed. However, he also had many different species of trees on display available to the public.

This made me wonder though, do you happen to know why the trees weren't allowed to be photographed? It just makes me wonder...

holy mackeral, that's a lot of posting! thank-you so much for sharing with us all :)

Great report and photos!

Mr Aoki is one of the foremost growers of deciduous and unusual species for bonsai. A very knowledgeable and skilled propagator.

You were indeed lucky to visit him.

Thanks for sharing. Dd you get to Omiya bonsai village and the new museum?

Bill

Awesome :D

Must have been trip of the life :D

Yes indeed! I was very fortunate to be able to do this. I was truly in heaven!!

Great pictures, thanks for sharing!

This made me wonder though, do you happen to know why the trees weren't allowed to be photographed? It just makes me wonder...

Thanks Ryan! I did make it sound more mysterious than it really was. I do believe the reality was simply that most of his prized azaleas where in a fenced in area and not easily accessible like the rest of the nursery. I did not ask Mr. Maeno about it since he had already given us so much by allowing me to take pictures freely.

Great report and photos!

Mr Aoki is one of the foremost growers of deciduous and unusual species for bonsai. A very knowledgeable and skilled propagator.

You were indeed lucky to visit him.

Thanks for sharing. Dd you get to Omiya bonsai village and the new museum?

Bill

Thanks Bill I do appreciate your compliment. As you well know I have only but lightly scratched the surface of the bonsai scene in Japan. I do hope that next time I will be able to visit many more places like the Omiya bonsai museum and such. I will keep dreaming!

Thanks for sharing, looks like it was an amazing trip.

Back
Top Bottom