It's an addiction...

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
If you don't mind.
Who made that for you?

I love those too. They are very nice for a small tree.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Let's see the tree on it!!!

The larger root stand was just made...needs to ship. The smaller one...with a tree...as asked.

As for the larger one...if I showed bonsai I would consider it...but I don't. So it won't be coming to my home. That is a FIVE GALLON BUCKET IT IS SITTING ON!!! My word!!!

image.jpg

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
So the stands...the smaller of the two it's table base is 4" x 6 1/2" tall...the larger is 6" x 8 1/2" tall. The root span along the table on the larger one...is 10" long!!! Wowzer! Can't wait to see it in person!

Velodog2

Chumono
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this. I've desperately wanted to try my hand at making these sculptures/stands for years but have been unable to find the appropriate raw material. I have access to lots of lumber, but every native species I can get always splits radially when drying. I will try to contact this guy.

Enjoy the stands, they are beautiful!

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Thanks for sharing this. I've desperately wanted to try my hand at making these sculptures/stands for years but have been unable to find the appropriate raw material. I have access to lots of lumber, but every native species I can get always splits radially when drying. I will try to contact this guy.

Enjoy the stands, they are beautiful!
Grasp...there is a launguage barrier. I know my smaller stand is rosewood. The larger is hardwood. You may get nothing more than that. Good luck. You may do better checking this blog. And asking Adam. He is out of town and up north currently. Different technique used...but would have wood most likely you have a better chance of locating.
https://adamaskwhy.com/2016/03/14/carving-a-root-stand/

Tidal Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
How do you order with him? Do you send him a message in English, or google translate to Thai?

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
How do you order with him? Do you send him a message in English, or google translate to Thai?
I send him message in English...through PM. Only because I don't know him. Google translate can butcher a sentence. So if in his language I worry he will think I understand what I am butchering, this way he does translate...and IF it butchers it. There is an understanding something lost in translation.

Last edited:

Velodog2

Chumono
Reaction score
Lol, ok Wan on Facebook ... are you being cagey to protect your source?

Anyways thanks for the link. Chunks of rosewood the size of the smaller stands you show are difficult to find here and quite expensive, although that is what I suspect many of these are made from. The ones you show are certainly beautiful. I think the denser tropical hardwoods are the ticket, if I can find some.

StoneCloud

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Beautiful stands!!!! His work is great and well carved....good hand.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Yeah, at the National Shohin Show, several people asked about the root stand and I told them about Wan.

I ought to get a commission! Lol!!!

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
It's not a secret.
Wan Adisak Thatsaniyom
His future is secure.;)
I have a post here in the stands area...on the gentleman and his work...if one took time to look. Even his dragon stands he did. But...one must be on Facebook to reach out to him.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Lol, ok Wan on Facebook ... are you being cagey to protect your source?

Anyways thanks for the link. Chunks of rosewood the size of the smaller stands you show are difficult to find here and quite expensive, although that is what I suspect many of these are made from. The ones you show are certainly beautiful. I think the denser tropical hardwoods are the ticket, if I can find some.
Lol no...but, I found launguage barriers when ordering the size stand I wanted. It was a dancing of toes so to speak. Not understanding... Then, I think...if a man is making money to support himself. Will he offer up any advice to one who will take possibly the art at hand...and be competition? Then, there is the wood found there may differ from your own location. Yes...redwood is pricey...and one pays that in the final cost of a stand. Trust me... But it's gorgeous! Well worth the extra.

I've mentioned this one previously here on the stand section. Lol I've nothing to hide. If the man can support himself by selling to those in the states and elsewhere great! Their exchange rate is crazy! Reminds me of Honduras...but even a worse exchange. Which is why I posted of him earlier in that link I attached up above. I guess...I assumed when I mentioned Wan. Ones would connect the dots so to speak.

Edit: I found small sentences sent the easiest way to communicate with Wan.

Last edited:
Top Bottom