Is this normal?

junmilo

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So I should feed them? I had some fertilizer (certified organic chicken fertilizer) after they all flowered and took them off after I start noticing issues with the branches.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
So I should feed them? I had some fertilizer (certified organic chicken fertilizer) after they all flowered and took them off after I start noticing issues with the branches.
Get them outside and let them green up a little bit, then add a very small amount of the feed to the soil surface.

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
Agree with Dav4, get them growing a little first, then add fertilizer.
If you fertilize a weak tree, if the fertilizer is a little too strong you can set the tree back further. So just get them healthier, get them outdoors, (once it is safe to leave out) and only after they are outdoors would I start the fertilizer.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
The leaves don't look dried out. Only the branches. It was in a semi dark humid environment in my basement fish room before I moved it upstairs to my living room by the windows.

Soil is wet (half peat moss and half crushed rocks), I spray the top every morning.

Maybe I should bring it back to the humid room?
Dude, methinks trying to grow and outdoor tree inoors might be the heart of the matter.

GailC

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4-5
Keep in mind that if you put these in fo sun one it's warm enough, the leaves could burn. I'd put them in dappled sun for a couple weeks then slowly start exposing them to more sun.
This winter, leave them outside, they can take it.
In the meantime, I'd get them under some strong grow lights. The window light isn't enough.

Top Bottom