Is this fungus?

Lochamp

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi,

Looking for help on my pine learning journey.

Recently purchased some black and red pine seedlings (3 years old all). They seemed healthy, but a few had browning tips/dead needles. I decandled and they are budding again, but do not seem healthy. More needles are dying and I pulled the bad looking ones and just today sprayed a bit of fungicide. I am in GA, so warm and humid right now. Trees have been getting full sun and have been sparingly watering. Any ideas? Fungus, over watering, shouldn't have decandled so quickly?
20180803_184112.jpg

GGB

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
When did you purchase them?
When did you repot them?
And when did you decandle?

Lochamp

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Arrived first week of July.
Decandled 1 week after. They looked vigorous.
2 weeks affer decandling I didn't repot as much as I just put the existing root ball in a larger lot. Tried not to disturb the roots.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Yes, I think you've got needle cast. I've been spraying my pines routinely with daconil since the spring push. You may want to get some and start spraying now. It won't help the older needles but may prevent the younger needles from becoming infected.

Lochamp

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks. I'll try to set up a routine with the fungicide

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yes, I think you've got needle cast. I've been spraying my pines routinely with daconil since the spring push. You may want to get some and start spraying now. It won't help the older needles but may prevent the younger needles from becoming infected.
This reminds me. It's time for another dose of the old Bayer 3 in 1.

Top Bottom