Indonesian Bonsai

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I follow a number of Indonesian bonsai artists on Instagram and the aesthetic of their trees is quite striking. They all seem to have this intricate, aged and highly detailed quality to them. Almost like they are not real. Bonsai empire has a pretty great video showing some trees at a show. Somewhere in the middle, one of the committee members is watering the exhibited trees and is just soaking the tree, the stand, the tables. So strange. But I can’t turn away. 😂

I follow a number of Indonesian bonsai artists on Instagram and the aesthetic of their trees is quite striking. They all seem to have this intricate, aged and highly detailed quality to them. Almost like they are not real. Bonsai empire has a pretty great video showing some trees at a show. Somewhere in the middle, one of the committee members is watering the exhibited trees and is just soaking the tree, the stand, the tables. So strange. But I can’t turn away. 😂

Those are some beautiful trees.

I think one of the things most shocking to me is how developed the branching is. The foliage pads are relatively small, but there are so many small foliage pads held, up by so many branches, with excellent taper and great movement. I have to imagine some of those trees are decades in development.

I about spit my beer out though when I saw the dude watering the trees. Getting water all over the damn place. Lol so much for keeping your nice wooden stand in good shape after that show.

I think one of the things most shocking to me is how developed the branching is. The foliage pads are relatively small, but there are so many small foliage pads held, up by so many branches, with excellent taper and great movement. I have to imagine some of those trees are decades in development.
Yes it is true and common behaviour for praticioner bonsai Indonesian to make bonsai with perfect proportion.
I have small bonsai premna with age 4 years now

This is 2 year ago

001_20221230_fix.png

And this is for now

IMG_20240629_085310.jpg
IMG_20240629_071947.jpg

Look at the developing branching. Need 1,5 years more to make perfect. I hope this can participate in ASPAC BALI

Back
Top Bottom