I did what they said but messed up help

Reaction score
I am new to bonsai stuff, i had grown one inside and i have seen ppl saying when u directly keep them outside they may die

But think bonsai is dying help. Please tell me what i did wrong

Last edited by a moderator:
Emily…..we have all done wrong things. Don’t beat yourself up….it's a learning experience. I have lots and lots of learning experiences over the years.

And……
A few photos will be very helpful.
Add your location to your profile. This will help replies. Tap on your Emily E icon near the top right of this page. Select Account Details. Fill in some information about your general location.

We can't give you any advice without more information about your tree, but I can comment on the general quality of the advice you'll find online. It's a mixed bag, and you need to be careful about your sources. The listicle you linked, for example, has no nuance. It just tells you to put trees outside when the weather is nice and warns you that you might need to adjust your watering. It's technically accurate information, but there's so much missing context that you're practically guaranteed to screw up if you follow the advice it gives.

It's helpful to know, for example, that there's no such thing as an indoor bonsai tree. There are only tropical trees that we bring indoors for the winter in temperate climates because they can't survive freezing temperatures. I have three figs (Ficus spp.), for example, that live outdoors roughly from April to October and come indoors roughly from October to April. That varies from year to year based on the weather. In your part of the world, the timing could be very different.

Regardless, I look forward to seeing pictures of your tree, so we can help to diagnose what happened.

We can't give you any advice without more information about your tree, but I can comment on the general quality of the advice you'll find online. It's a mixed bag, and you need to be careful about your sources. The listicle you linked, for example, has no nuance. It just tells you to put trees outside when the weather is nice and warns you that you might need to adjust your watering. It's technically accurate information, but there's so much missing context that you're practically guaranteed to screw up if you follow the advice it gives.

It's helpful to know, for example, that there's no such thing as an indoor bonsai tree. There are only tropical trees that we bring indoors for the winter in temperate climates because they can't survive freezing temperatures. I have three figs (Ficus spp.), for example, that live outdoors roughly from April to October and come indoors roughly from October to April. That varies from year to year based on the weather. In your part of the world, the timing could be very different.

Regardless, I look forward to seeing pictures of your tree, so we can help to diagnose what happened.
Excellent example information given….makes it easier to think about and understand. Well done.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom