HELP !! YELLOW LEAVES

MAURTMART

Seedling
Reaction score
I got my first Bonsai 6 months ago . I dont know much about them but I follow the rules of what they told me I should do to take care of my bonsai.

Few week ago, I notice some of the leaves were becoming yellow and brownish color . Some also become more blue-purple kind off.

I was wondering if you guys, with all your knowledge and experiencie can guide me and give me advice about how to take care of my bonsai and also if something is actually wrong with it.

Here are some pics of the bonsai.

Attachments

• IMG_8081.jpg
    IMG_8081.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_8082.jpg
    IMG_8082.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_8083.jpg
    IMG_8083.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_8084.jpg
    IMG_8084.jpg
    393.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_8085.jpg
    IMG_8085.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 40

Cable

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Experts will be along shortly. My guess is too much water or soil that isn't draining well enough.

In the meantime it would be appreciated if you'd put your location into your profile. It helps with answering questions and making recommendations if people know where you are so it can be customized to your growing region.

MAURTMART

Seedling
Reaction score
Experts will be along shortly. My guess is too much water or soil that isn't draining well enough.

In the meantime it would be appreciated if you'd put your location into your profile. It helps with answering questions and making recommendations if people know where you are so it can be customized to your growing region.
I live in Bogota, Colombia ( South America) . Thanks for your answer Cable .

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I got my first Bonsai 6 months ago . I dont know much about them but I follow the rules of what they told me I should do to take care of my bonsai.

Few week ago, I notice some of the leaves were becoming yellow and brownish color . Some also become more blue-purple kind off.

I was wondering if you guys, with all your knowledge and experiencie can guide me and give me advice about how to take care of my bonsai and also if something is actually wrong with it.

Here are some pics of the bonsai.
What were the rules you followed? Also, what season are you in right now?

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Indoors or outdoors?

Yellow means dead and blue purple usually means dormancy.
But Usually isn't exactly what we are dealing with here. . well....sort of...lol! Newbs!

But I usually don't hear sick rhymes much anymore these days either.

Peeped a wicked track from 2 young kids in Colombia on FB the other week.....
Maybe you could tell me some time what the lyrics are!

Welcome to Crazy!

Are you guys aware of the some 2-400 shows they feed us on Your Country and "he who's name must not be spoke"? Lol!

Is there a Colombian Netflix that has shows on us here in the U.S.?
Or do you get to see the same ones we do?
And if so....how accurate are they at representing Colombia?

Forgive all the questions....they are as rhetorical as you want them to be!

#worldpeacethroughbonsai

Sorce

MAURTMART

Seedling
Reaction score
Thank you for your Messages.

1. In Colombia we have no seassons .
2. The Bonsai is kept indoors.
3. The recomendations given to me were
* Water every 2 days , or until you see the dirt dry enough.
* Fertilize every 15 days.
* Lots of Direct Sun.

MAURTMART

Seedling
Reaction score
Indoors or outdoors?

Hi .

1. Indoors.
2. I could help you with the lyrics but you have to tell me witch song did you hear.
3. Yes I am awared.
4. It changes but we can also wath Narcos since it a USA production, not a Colombian one.
5. They represent a partial truth of what that happened 20 year ago. In most cases Hollywood has given an extra shot of their selling reallity to the shows they produce. The reality of our country is very diferent now. One of the best and most recommended places to visit in 2018 actually.

Yellow means dead and blue purple usually means dormancy.
But Usually isn't exactly what we are dealing with here. . well....sort of...lol! Newbs!

But I usually don't hear sick rhymes much anymore these days either.

Peeped a wicked track from 2 young kids in Colombia on FB the other week.....
Maybe you could tell me some time what the lyrics are!

Welcome to Crazy!

Are you guys aware of the some 2-400 shows they feed us on Your Country and "he who's name must not be spoke"? Lol!

Is there a Colombian Netflix that has shows on us here in the U.S.?
Or do you get to see the same ones we do?
And if so....how accurate are they at representing Colombia?

Forgive all the questions....they are as rhetorical as you want them to be!

#worldpeacethroughbonsai

Sorce

MAURTMART

Seedling
Reaction score
What were the rules you followed? Also, what season are you in right now?

3. The recomendations given to me were
* Water every 2 days , or until you see the dirt dry enough.
* Fertilize every 15 days.
* Lots of Direct Sun.

We have no seasson in Colombia.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Bloody indoors is the culprit, and the dormancy may be because of A/C?
Too cold?

Screw it anyway!
No matter how different our countries are, these Mallsai producers invade them and sell us this Bullshit!

Truth truth....
We have a thread about cocaine bonsai!, and in fact, it and many other plants just outside your door can kill as bonsai!

And when you grow them! Fatter and prettier than any Bullshit these Pro Marketers with their shitty Junipers in shitty pots sell us..The marketers die and we are happier with trees that remind us of our youths! Our parks! Our vacations and our loved ones! Our native trees!

A finished, usually defined as dead, juniper Mallsai reminds us of nothing but how shitty the guy who sold is it is!

So...since I like to see our SA population here build!

Please find Some stuff that you can make into awesome Bonsai, from your own land! And share it with us!

Sorce

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
So, you're on the equator. Basically, Junipers need at least 4 hours of direct sunlight each day. They cannot be kept indoors. It doesn't appear as though the whole tree is dead or dying at this point. Move it outside and water it when it needs watered not on a 2-day schedule.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Located in the cool, high-altitude environment of the Andean mountain range, street and park trees were almost all of a few widely planted species: eucalypts, pines, cypress, acacias and ash.
I go to Honduras for two weeks out of the year...I suggest to go possibly with a tree that doesn't need that dormancy period. Because as a northerner I myself am out of a climate perspective on what conifer works there in a pot and if you can offer it the proper dormancy.
Say...like a bougainvillea. Unless you have an issue with flowering trees. They thrived all over Honduras...I am thinking I bet you have those in or around your neck of the woods...possible collection with your ability of collecting one with a mature trunk. ?. With your climate they would do well...and you could bring it indoors while blooming if you wanted.

W3rk

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Sounds like it could be a great location to rock the heck out of Ficus.

Top Bottom