Free JBP seeds for SASE

bwaynef

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
If you're interested in participating in this contest but can't be bothered to order seeds for whatever reason, I've got 50 seeds waiting for you.

I bought a lot more seeds than I'll use, particularly since I'm swimming in young JBP seedlings.

Send me a PM and I'll send you my address. Then you send a SASE and I'll return it filled with a packet of 50 seeds. (My kids helped me count the first 15 packets, ...so expect to be flexible on what "50" means. It turns out 50 doesn't come after 29.)

If you'd be interested in more than 50, I won't necessarily think you're greedy if you ask...

Attachments

• IMG_1575.JPG
    IMG_1575.JPG
    188.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1576.JPG
    IMG_1576.JPG
    229.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1577.JPG
    IMG_1577.JPG
    230 KB · Views: 44

jeanluc83

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
It's really great that you are offering this. Might get a couple more people into the contest.

I gave away some pitch pine seeds a couple of years ago. For a cheep way to send them out take a piece of cardboard the size of a business envelope and cut a hole in the center the size of your bags. Tape paper on each side with the bag of seeds in the middle then slip it all into an envelope. The whole thing meets the size and weight that can be sent with a single first class stamp.

It is a great way to send 50-100 seeds for not a lot of money.

IMG_20171212_184812971.jpg

theone420

Shohin
Reaction score
It's really great that you are offering this. Might get a couple more people into the contest.

I gave away some pitch pine seeds a couple of years ago. For a cheep way to send them out take a piece of cardboard the size of a business envelope and cut a hole in the center the size of your bags. Tape paper on each side with the bag of seeds in the middle then slip it all into an envelope. The whole thing meets the size and weight that can be sent with a single first class stamp.

It is a great way to send 50-100 seeds for not a lot of money.

View attachment 171025

great idea! I received an order from a seller that just sent them in the envelope and half of them were crushed. told the seller and they sent out replacement for the crushed seeds and even in the second envelope I had about 10 seeds that were bad.

and awesome thing to do @jeanluc83 I sent out about 50 seeds to a fellow nutter as well so they could get into the contest. he sent me some acorns in trade so it was a win win.

bwaynef

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I'll probably start all the seeds that aren't accounted for, and I plan to start 1Jan2018, so if you're interested, send me a PM.

DeanoAZ

Yamadori
Reaction score
If you're interested in participating in this contest but can't be bothered to order seeds for whatever reason, I've got 50 seeds waiting for you.

I bought a lot more seeds than I'll use, particularly since I'm swimming in young JBP seedlings.

Send me a PM and I'll send you my address. Then you send a SASE and I'll return it filled with a packet of 50 seeds. (My kids helped me count the first 15 packets, ...so expect to be flexible on what "50" means. It turns out 50 doesn't come after 29.)

If you'd be interested in more than 50, I won't necessarily think you're greedy if you ask...
Since I started a tray of JBP seeds back when I was in high school (just kidding) and have only one questionable sprout, I don't think I should try and participate in the contest. :(:(:(

bwaynef

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
If everybody will check your PMs. I have seeds going to WI, UT, and (back) to WV. There are a couple outstanding PMs that I need to hear from.

Vindeezy

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Thanks again for the seeds. I will be starting them very soon.

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I got a bag. Soak them yesterday. Will go into the fridge today.
Thanks again

Hyn Patty

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Is it too late to get in on this? I need to go read about this contest if it's starting from seed. I can totally do seeds.

Rook

Seedling
Reaction score
Is it too late to get in on this? I need to go read about this contest if it's starting from seed. I can totally do seeds.

I'm wondering this as well! I'm just starting my journey into bonsai and this seems like a great way to practice that whole "patience" thing I keep hearing about, as well as develop some understanding of practices, techniques, skills, etc.

Hyn Patty

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I went ahead and ordered JBP seeds for the 6 year contest. I have no ambition that I could win anything but I think it's a great self challenge. The best deal I got was from TreeSeeds.com and they came the best recommended for a high germination rate as well. So I no longer need any - I have 80 seeds coming, some of them Mikawa's.

Top Bottom