Forest Farm Plant Nursery in Oregon

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Well,I wanted a motherplant to start cuttings of Paul’s Scarlet Hawthorn.So I read of Forest Farm from a post on bonsainut and decided to make a purchase.They had good availability of smaller stock and also these five gallon trees.I bought a five gallon tree at $124.with shipping and all. And I think price is fair considering the size and vigor of the tree.
Just so happens on day of delivery I also noticed first thing in the morning my weeping cherry I planted in yard last Autumn was not waking up and was lost.So I will eventually take cuttings from this Hawthorn,but it Is definitely getting planted in place of the Cherry tree in the yard.
High Quality Hawthorn that is loaded with flower buds and is next to 7’ tall with a good 1” trunk that should grow extremely vigorous in the landscape and hopefully provide cuttings for bonsai!
Crataegus Media Paul’s Scarlet.
Great Vendor experience!
9BE07679-5180-42EA-B43D-123124679406.jpegF0A3B5D8-A0D3-495E-A254-89BF10157ED1.jpeg2FBED237-2EB3-431C-9D79-E91FCE540A9B.jpeg

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Sorry to hear about your weeping cherry...any ideas what happened? I know slow watering was suggested to me...for my own. Lost two before slow watering. Well...and more knowledge of plants helped. We surely lost the first two for lack of watering skills.

Think of me when it blooms...would love to see your Paul's Scarlet in bloom...and possibly buy one some day if you go to sell any.

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Sorry to hear about your weeping cherry...any ideas what happened? I know slow watering was suggested to me...for my own. Lost two before slow watering. Well...and more knowledge of plants helped. We surely lost the first two for lack of watering skills.

Think of me when it blooms...would love to see your Paul's Scarlet in bloom...and possibly buy one some day if you go to sell any.
Thanks!I am not sure what did the Cherry in.It looked great in Autumn when I planted it.
Some people say chlorine water is OK for plants,but the times I have used it I have killed shrubs and plants.
That is why I hooked up rain barrel system this year.
I did see a rodent hole or something the day after I planted it last Autumn and I just packed it in ,so maybe it was a vole or something that ate the roots over winter?
I am going to pull the tree out tomorrow and inspect that.
I will attempt cuttings too!These are vigorous trees,so hopefully this year:D

RKatzin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
A great outfit, I've bought a lot of trees there. They're just across the county from me. I just wish they would get into producing trees for bonsai, I mean specifically, like Japanese Maples without grafts. Still a great place to get stock to grow on, having a vast selection of the rare and unusual. Very professional in the S/H department, too. Glad to hear of your good experience!

Top Bottom