Flowers 2018

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Awesome. As it grows the flowers will have more and more variation. I have counted at least 6 on mine.
Great, just something else to look forward to. I have the trunks all wired up and actually split the one into two plants so now I have three total, have I shown you them? I don’t remember. I’ll have to add a few pics here of them when the others bloom.

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Oh and your Barbados cherries should be blooming around now for you, have you seen any flowers or fruit yet?

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
that blue rhodie is outstanding, love that color.
I love the color too, Leo. I've worked it into a bonsai about 12" tall, but it is a bitch to get to flower. Lots of sun and who knows what else is needed. Last year nothing. This year the few flowers are arrayed like Friar Tuk's hair, so the composition sucks :mad:.

Maybe next year . It could be fabulous :cool:

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
Oh and your Barbados cherries should be blooming around now for you, have you seen any flowers or fruit yet?

Not blooming yet, I repotted it this year and it is still sulking, putting on new growth, but no flowers yet. Last year it bloomed like crazy and made fruit. The toyo quince you sent has been blooming white and pink flowers.

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Not blooming yet, I repotted it this year and it is still sulking, putting on new growth, but no flowers yet. Last year it bloomed like crazy and made fruit. The toyo quince you sent has been blooming white and pink flowers.
Ahh okay, well good. They might wait till summer to bloom again then

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
Did a little business with Brent @ Evergreen. One thing I got was a Chaenomeles speciosa 'Iwai Nishiki'.

The double blooms are not exactly pink and not exactly red. They look like really saturated dark pink with some blueish tone. Really pretty I think! A little rough coming out of the box but still stunning! Can't wait to see what they do as time goes on. Love me some quince!

IMG_20180418_235745984.jpg

IMG_20180418_235841770.jpg

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
AND... The Leptospermum Scoparium (Manuka, NZ Teatree) double pink is flowering again.
Sorry for the picture, but the flowers are so tiny, and with the macro lens the depth of field is very shallow.
I've got 4 of them (Manukas), one red, this pink, and two "Snow White".
There is still hope, after I've killed my share of them.

180317-Bonsai2018-3216.jpg

Top Bottom