First personal tree 2014

Housguy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I have been loving Bonsai since I started back in 2014, so not too long, but I love and enjoy every day of it and this tree was one of my first personal trees that I picked up that year. It is a Kishu shimpaku and has grown in a nursery can for the last 7 years, with only a few trim and style sessions within that time. I did one really big bend of the trunk as you can see and only just recently put it in a bonsai pot this year. Going to let it grow now for a while and then I will do my first detailed wiring job on this tree and get rid of that one ugly root to improve the nebari. Been a journey :)
wedding tree2.jpgwedding tree1.jpg

I have been loving Bonsai since I started back in 2014, so not too long, but I love and enjoy every day of it and this tree was one of my first personal trees that I picked up that year. It is a Kishu shimpaku and has grown in a nursery can for the last 7 years, with only a few trim and style sessions within that time. I did one really big bend of the trunk as you can see and only just recently put it in a bonsai pot this year. Going to let it grow now for a while and then I will do my first detailed wiring job on this tree and get rid of that one ugly root to improve the nebari. Been a journey :)
View attachment 558189View attachment 558190
Nice looking tree. How big was it when you first bought it?

Back
Top Bottom