False Cypress Needle yellowing/browning

scottfro

Seedling
Reaction score
I've had this Chamaecyparis pisifera 'Cyano-virdis' since the beginning of this year. I did a repot and root prune of a very root bound nursery plant earlier this year and it's been growing great all summer. Lots of back budding and healthy foliage. In the last few weeks I've noticed some of the needles are yellowing and turning brown. This is happening on branches that otherwise seem to have healthy foliage. Any advice on what might be going on?

The attached photos aren't the greatest (phone camera) but you can see a bit of the yellowing/browning I'm talking about.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMAG0571.jpg
    IMAG0571.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMAG0572.jpg
    IMAG0572.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 31
I've had this Chamaecyparis pisifera 'Cyano-virdis' since the beginning of this year. I did a repot and root prune of a very root bound nursery plant earlier this year and it's been growing great all summer. Lots of back budding and healthy foliage. In the last few weeks I've noticed some of the needles are yellowing and turning brown. This is happening on branches that otherwise seem to have healthy foliage. Any advice on what might be going on?

The attached photos aren't the greatest (phone camera) but you can see a bit of the yellowing/browning I'm talking about.

Thanks!

No clue myself...but, if you can update your info with where your located. As well as add some more specific things that might be going on lately...weather and such. Your watering routine...if your still fertilizing at this time...and anything such as location this is in...might help ones help you.

All conifers shed old foliage in the fall. It is completely normal to see browning foliage toward the trunk on branches this time of the year. Soon it will fall off on its own or you can remove anything that is brown to hasten the process.

Back
Top Bottom