Evergreen's Elms

Brent

Mame
Reaction score
A number of folks have been asking me when some more new elms will added to our specimen catalog. I just finished adding quite a few, undoubtedly the best we have ever offered. Take a look:

http://www.evergreengardenworks.com/specimendec.htm

The specimen Shimpaku will be next, hopefully up in a couple of weeks, then some more big pines.

Enjoy!

Brent
EvergreenGardenworks.com

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
When I go to the website all I get is 2013 trees. I'm only seeing 3 trees. Elms that is.

painter

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
either just click on brent s link above
or
go to his "home" page click the specimen tab
p

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Tried both and still no joy. I still get last years trees. Just 3 yatsabusa elms. Year end bonus is burning a hole in my pocket.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Tried both and still no joy. I still get last years trees. Just 3 yatsabusa elms. Year end bonus is burning a hole in my pocket.

Clear your computer's cache or history then try again.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
This one is especially good...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 97

Brent

Mame
Reaction score

Yes, depending on your browser, if you have visited recently or don't see the new trees, just refresh (reload) the page.

Brent
EvergreenGardenworks.com

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
This made my heart skip a beat. :) Someone please buy it...else my wife might kill me when/if it is delivered here. :p

9680-002-1.jpg

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks guys. I can see them now! Once I clean my shorts I'm looking again.

lordy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Extremely hard to be able to justify that money on a tree. Admittedly a nice piece of material, but still...

amkhalid

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Extremely hard to be able to justify that money on a tree. Admittedly a nice piece of material, but still...

Depending on an individual's financial situation and obsession level, it might be hard to justify.

...But if you have the means, are ga-ga for bonsai, like working with elms, and appreciate the time gone into developing these, then you would see that they are very fairly priced.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Depending on an individual's financial situation and obsession level, it might be hard to justify.

...But if you have the means, are ga-ga for bonsai, like working with elms, and appreciate the time gone into developing these, then you would see that they are very fairly priced.

I agree. I am a "frugal shopper" and to date, the most I ever paid for a tree is $200 but I can see myself buying that $900 elm...IF I have the extra cash. Sadly, I still have lots of medical bills to pay after my wife's operations.

lordy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a

I just keep thinking that this $xxx.00 piece of material CAN DIE and be worthless. $hit happens beyond our control...I just think my level of commitment/expertise doesnt warrant this kind of expenditure in most cases. And as Poink says, there are other items higher on the list of "musts" in terms of expenses. I am getting ready to spend a considerable amount on real estate and this one just is in the way right now.

jason eider

Seedling
Reaction score
If you want some nice material you have to pay...think about what you paid for material when you were starting out. Are you spending more now.?
I'd much rather have one $900 tree than 9 $100 trees.
I bet those w/ nice trees in there collections have spent more than that on one tree.
I guess it comes down to the quality of trees you want to have.

edit: should say how bad you want to have quality trees. Or time you have or are willing to spend developing stock.

Last edited:

bonsaibp

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a

Thats one way of looking at it. Believe me I know how hard it is too justify spending this kind of money on a tree. And the truth of the matter is that many can not afford to spend this kind of money.
ButI'd like you to think about what has gone into this tree in the last 25 years- 25 years of watering, pruning, fertilizing,watering, spraying for bugs, spraying for fungus,digging up, potting,replanting, repotting,watering etc.. That's 25 years worth of all that- all for only $900.00!!! Thats $36.00 a year! Pretty cheap if you ask me. And the reason why there aren't too many people growing trees like this. Not enough people who are willing to appreciate and pay for what it takes to grow material on this level. Only a grower who has more passion for growing great material then for a big payday can do this. Obviously Brent doesn't do it for the big paydays.
I would hope that more of us remember all that goes into growing material for bonsai and maybe gain a little more appreciation and the willingness to pay for all that work.

KennedyMarx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I'm looking forward to seeing those junipers added. I remember looking at the specimen conifers section last year and being surprised there were no junipers.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
I'm looking forward to seeing those junipers added. I remember looking at the specimen conifers section last year and being surprised there were no junipers.
Me too, especially based on the few junis he's sold me, and others photos he's shared along the way. Always good stuff.

Top Bottom