Deshojo from Gregory Beach Bonsai

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Don Blackmond has some VERY nice material and is more than helpful in finding what your looking for. Took the time to send me several images of similar material to what I was interested in. Arrived promptly and well-packaged. Very easy purchase and very pleased with the material.

Here are some images and some possible pot combinations. Thoughts?

DSC00915.JPG DSC00916.JPG DSC00917.JPG DSC00918.JPG DSC00919.JPG DSC00920.JPG

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Very nice!
Let us see when you finish potting.
I just received a little shishigashira mini today from him ,perfect time to re-pot.

Les

Mame
Reaction score
I've been eyeballing that tree on his site but I already had spend my tree allowance for the spring lol. I still want a deshojo nice pick up !

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I like it at first G....Lance.;)

But after looking at it more.
I think you got a 2fer.:)
aviary-image-1457654866266.jpeg

I love the base.

Lately, I've been noting how when the shape of the branches match the shape of the trunk, the trees really work.(for me)
Most notably, the last Bjorn Japan Video.
One a them good ones.

So, the straight to wiggle doesn't make sense to me. In short, IMO, it's a 2fer.

That said, both pots are too big, I'd stick it in a basket for this year's layer!

The top one'll need a semi cascade pot. And the remainder, with a few new branches, is dope and creepy, and works in that pot.

Sorce

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Well, if I go smaller, there is no room for any "Ebihara" technique. Not sure it needs it, per se, but considered it an option.
Air-layer........?
nope.gif

Just needs some time.....

Here are some other containers..
DSC00704.JPG DSC00512.JPG DSC00514.JPG DSC00551.JPG DSC00700.JPG
Les, Don has several available. In fact, I inquired about one he had listed on his website and was informed it was sold. He took the time to look thru his stock and offered at least six others for consideration.:cool: All documented with a clear, detailed image. Very professional approach, but with the sensitivity of an enthusiast. Good business model to follow.

As always, thanks to all for comments and critiques!
P.S. that picture with the beer is a stock photo.....I ain't started drinking......yet......heheheeeee....

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Gonna look great with that leaf color and that pot. Make sure you take some photos from a lower angle next time too.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Good tree Lance! And yes I will also say that Don is great to deal with, with great trees! I think your trunk line goes on forever. In my opinion, the top third needs to go. It may certainly be cut shorter but I may be inclined to use as much of that curvy trunk as possible. A better picture taken at the right angle will help see it better.

Your clump looks really nice! Let me know if you want to sell it to me LOL! :p I'd love to see it set lower in the pot.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Photographer?
At least you got a picture.

I don't even see an A/L attempt!
Now that is poor.

Seriously....
may be inclined to use as much of that curvy trunk as possible

Maybe it just needs to leave the soil at a bit of a different angle?
And just cut that 2in club off the top.

Jesus....where did that 3rd trunk come from?

Honestly. For me. This would still be a "project of ten shohin". And You still get a dope ass tree from the base.

Ok maybe it's 8 and Mame.aviary-image-1458282209765.jpeg

And just imagine all the cute little pots You get to buy! Cheaper to ship!

Sorce

Top Bottom